CITY COUNCIL MEETING
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular March 13, 2000 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating April 2nd-8th, 2000 as International Building Safety Week in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating April 3rd-9th, 2000 as Public Health Week in the City of Gladstone. Sponsored by Clay County Health Center.
4c. PROCLAMATION: designating March 22nd, 2000 as Jeannie Carlile Recognition Day in the City of Gladstone.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-00-21, authorizing the City Manager to accept a bill of sale from Auto Zone, Inc. and Fleshman Excavating, Inc., conveying to the City a water line and hydrant built in conjunction with construction of Auto Zone at 6906 N. Oak. All improvements have been constructed at the developer's expense.
RESOLUTION R-00-22, authorizing the City Manager to accept temporary and permanent easements from property owners in conjunction with the 58th and Broadway Drainage Improvements, Project #9809.
RESOLUTION R-00-23, accepting a temporary construction easement from a property owner in conjunction with the 2000 Street Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program, Projects 0101, 0003, 0007, 0011.
RESOLUTION R-00-24, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with the Larkin Group for the Water Plant/Water Quality Issues Study and authorizing final payment for Project 9913. Total contract amount: $40,500.00. Final Payment due from the Combined Water and Sanitary Sewer Fund: $4,050.00.
RESOLUTION R-00-25, authorizing the execution of an easement dedication in conjunction with underground electrical service for the Belleview Office Building located at 4770 N. Belleview.
APPROVAL OF CLASS "A" & "B" LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE for The Restaurant Company, d/b/a Perkins Restaurant and Bakery, 6292 N. Oak for the sale of beer and wine. Managing Officer: Chris Bosch.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for the month of FEBRUARY, 2000.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION R-00-26, adopting a revised "Sick Leave Policy" and amending Section 1200.2 of the "City of Gladstone Personnel Manual" to incorporate such policy.
10. RESOLUTION R-00-27, authorizing the offering for sale of an issue of approximately $8,000,000.00 Certificates of Participation, Series 2000, payments to be made by the City of Gladstone, Missouri, pursuant to an annually renewable lease purchase agreement.
11. SECOND READING: BILL 99-11, revoking a Special Use Permit issued to Robert Bledsoe and Dennis Foutch for operation of Cripple Creek Rock Co., Inc. on property located at 5616-18 N Antioch Road. (File #1082) Tabled from 3/13/00 City Council Meeting.
16. SECOND READING BILL 00-06, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Stonebrook, L.L.C. to operate a Subdivision Swimming Pool at 4109 NE 72nd Street. Applicant/owner: Stonebrook LLC. (File #1110) Applicant has requested a continuance to the April 24, 2000 City Council Meeting.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Site Plan Revision for property located at 7107 N. Oak. Applicant/owner: Commercial Net Lease Realty for Eckerd Drug. (#1113)
13a. FIRST READING BILL 00-07, granting a Site Plan Revision subject to certain conditions to property located at 7107 N. Oak. Applicant/owner: Commercial Net Lease Realty for Eckerd Drug. (#1113)
14. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Site Plan Revision for property located at 4949 Old Pike Road. Applicant: The Home Depot. Owner: Credit Suisse Leasing. (#1114) Audience Note: This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the April 24, 2000 City Council Meeting per applicant's request.
15. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Special Use Permit, Site Plan Revision, and Rezoning for property located at the NW corner of NE 64th Street and N. Prospect. (#1112)
15a. FIRST READING BILL 00-08, Rezoning property from CP-1 (planned local business district) to RCH-1 (residential cluster housing) located at the NW corner of NE 64th Street and N. Prospect. (#1112)
15b. FIRST READING BILL 00-09, approving a Special Use Permit for property located at the NW corner of NE 64th Street and N. Prospect. (#1112)
15c. FIRST READING BILL 00-10, approving a Site Plan Revision subject to certain conditions to property located at the NW corner of NEW 64th Street and N. Prospect. (#1112)
16. Other Business.
17. Questions from the News Media.