CITY COUNCIL MEETING
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance. Members of Troop 260 will present the Color Guard.
4. Approval of Regular March 27, 2000 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PRESENTATION to the City of Gladstone from Gladstone VFW Post #10906.
6. FIRST READING BILL 00-11, declaring the results of the Special Election on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 on the Question of Issuance of $4,000,000 of Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System Revenue Bonds. (Yes: 2483; No: 193).
7. FIRST READING BILL 00-12, authorizing the City of Gladstone, Missouri, to enter into a Base Lease with First Bank of Missouri, as Trustee, whereby the City will lease certain property to said Trustee, a Lease Purchase Agreement with said Trustee with respect to the acquisition, construction, furnishing, equipping and installing of improvements to the Stormwater Drainage System and prepaying Certain Outstanding Certificates of Participation and Certain Related documents; and approving a Declaration of Trust made by the Trustee pursuant to which certain Certificates of Participation will be executed and delivered.
8. FIRST READING BILL 00-13, declaring the results of the Tuesday, April 4, 2000 Gladstone General Election as certified by the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners that candidates Bill Cross and Shirley M. Smith have been elected to three year terms on the Gladstone City Council.
9. SPECIAL PRESENTATION AND REMARKS: Mayor Art Hammen, Mayor Pro Tem Anita Newsom, and Councilmembers.
10. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: BILL CROSS
11. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: SHIRLEY M. SMITH
12. ELECTION OF MAYOR AND OATH OF OFFICE
13. ELECTION OF MAYOR PRO-TEM
14. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-00-28, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Brandy Electric for the City Hall exterior lighting project, and authorizing final payment in the amount of $1,962.50 from the Capital Improvement Sales Tax Fund.
RESOLUTION R-00-29, authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with HNTB Corporation for the North Oak Corridor Study for a total amount not to exceed $50,000. Funding authorized from the General Fund.
RESOLUTION R-00-30, authorizing the City Manager to accept a bill of sale from Clayco Properties and Haines Stowers Construction Company, conveying to the City a water line and hydrant serving Claybrook 2nd Plat. All improvements have been constructed at developer's expense.
RESOLUTION R-00-31, accepting permanent easements from property owners in conjunction with the Heatherton Place Subdivision development located at 62nd Terrace and N. Main.
15. Communications from the Audience.
16. Communications from the City Council.
17. Communications from the City Manager.
18. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Site Plan Revision and a Special Use Permit on property at 7260 N Antioch Road. Applicant: Kathleen Tobin. Owner: Tuf-Flight Industries, Inc. (File #1115/16) Audience Note: This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the April 24, 2000 City Council Meeting at the Applicant's request.
19. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone from RP-3 to RP-4 and from RP-3 to CP-1, property north of Englewood Road, west of Main, and east of Broadway. Applicant: Nolte & Associates. Owner: Herman Scharhag. (File #1117)
19a. FIRST READING BILL 00-14, rezoning property from RP-3 to RP-4 and from RP-3 to CP-1, property north of Englewood Road, west of Main, and east of Broadway. (File #1117)
20. FIRST READING BILL 00-15, amending certain sections of Chapter 18 of the Code of Ordinances dealing with the use of motor vehicle safety belts.
21. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for the demolition of existing building and construction of a new building located at Northtowne Volkswagen, 6728 N. Oak. Applicant/Owner: K.L. LeFever. (BP# 99-0891)
22. Other Business.
23. Questions from the News Media.