CITY COUNCIL MEETING
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular May 8, 2000 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating June 3, 2000 as "BROOKS ROBINSON DAY" in the City of Gladstone.
4b. PROCLAMATION: honoring BETH HOULIHAN for her many years of volunteer service in designing and coordinating the planting of flower beds in city parks and other municipal properties.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-41, authorizing the change in control of the Gladstone Cable Television Franchise from Time Warner, Inc. to the proposed merged company AOL Time Warner, Inc. (currently America Online, Inc. and Time Warner, Inc.)
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-42, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Delta Sweeping Company for the 2000 Street Sweeping Program, Phase 1, and authorizing final payment in the amount of $15,998.28 from the General Fund (Project 0040).
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-43, authorizing execution of a contract with Wornall Secure Business Systems for the City Hall Video Security for a total amount not to exceed $25,124 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund (Project 0015).
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-44, accepting a temporary construction easement from a property owner in conjunction with the 55th Terrace and Old Pike Road Street Improvements. (Project 9719)
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-45, accepting temporary and permanent easements from property owners in conjunction with the 58th & N. Broadway Drainage Improvements (Project 9809).
APPROVAL OF PARK FESTIVAL USE PERMITS for the 4th Annual Gladstone Summertime Blues Fest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, Friday and Saturday, June 16-17, 2000, and the 21st Annual Gladfest Celebration on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, September 29-30, and October 1, 2000 in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N. Holmes under the sponsorship of the Gladstone Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Gladstone.
APPROVAL OF BEER LICENSE for GLADSTONE AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE at the Gladstone Summertime Blues Fest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, (2-day license) Friday and Saturday, June 16-17, 2000; and the 21st Annual Gladfest Celebration (3-day license) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, September 29-30, and October 1, 2000 in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N. Holmes. Managing Officer: Chad Nichols.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR APRIL, 2000.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Site Plan Revision in a CP-2 zone on property located at 4929 Old Pike Road for development of a Steak 'N Shake Restaurant. Applicant: Kaw Valley Engineering for Steak 'N Shake. Owner: Credit Suisse (File #1121).
9a. FIRST READING BILL 00-22, granting a Site Plan Revision in conjunction with a rezoning of property located at 4929 Old Pike Road. Applicant: Kaw Valley Engineering for Steak 'N Shake. Owner: Credit Suisse (File #1121).
9b. FIRST READING BILL 00-23, approving the final plat of "Steak 'N Shake, Gladstone," 4929 Old Pike Road. Applicant: Kaw Valley Engineering for Steak 'N Shake. Owner: Credit Suisse (File #1122).
9c. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of a 3,880 sq. ft. building located at 4929 Old Pike Road (Steak 'N Shake). Applicant: Kaw Valley Engineering. Owner: Steak 'N Shake, (BP# 00-0261).
10. FIRST READING BILL 00-24, repealing certain parts of Ordinance No. 3.706, and enacting a new ordinance levying sewer billing and commodity charges in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
11. FIRST READING BILL NO. 00-25, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 18-12), to add a "Stop" Sign Location; and repeal Section 3. of Ordinance 3.682 relating to the designation of a one-way street at Kendallwood Parkway.
12. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for tenant finish of 1,428 sq. ft. building space located at 6437 N. Prospect (Prospect Plaza) for Digital Connect, Inc. Applicant: Juratovac Kristke Lohrentz Architects, Inc. Owner: Bradley Operating Limited Partnership (BP# 00-0366).
13. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of a 5,100 sq. ft. building located at 6101 N. Chestnut (The Assistance League of KC). Applicant: Herman Scharhag Architects. Owner: The Assistance League of KC (BP# 00-0367).
14. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of a 520 sq. ft. deck at Peso's Restaurant, 5941 N. Antioch Road. Applicant: Peso's Restaurant. Owner: Curry Investment Company. (BP# 00-0445).
15. PUBLIC HEARING: on proposed 2000-2001 Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
16. Other Business.
17. Questions from the News Media.