CITY COUNCIL MEETING
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(2) for discussion of Real Estate
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular July 10, 2000 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-00-60, authorizing the execution of an application for grant funds on behalf of the City of Gladstone with the State of Missouri in the amount of $34,220 for aid in the construction of a gabion basket wall along the south side of a creek upstream from N. Belleview and Vivion Road in Gladstone (Project 0020).
RESOLUTION NO R-00-61, authorizing the execution of an application for grant funds in the amount of $76,963 and loan funds in the amount of $76,963 on behalf of the City of Gladstone with the State of Missouri for aid in the construction of drainage and erosion control improvements and box culvert replacement at NW 58th Street and N. Broadway in Gladstone (Project 9809).
RESOLUTION NO R-00-62, authorizing execution of a contract with Camp, Dresser & McKee, Inc. for the design of the Rock Creek Detention Basin at 68th Street and the Rock Creek Channel Improvements from Brooktree to City limits for a total not to exceed $383,400 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund. (Projects 0122 and 0123).
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS: Donovan's Grill, 6825 N. Oak; Uncle Nebo's, 7102 N. Oak; Tailgaters, 316 NE 72nd Street, Tommy's Grill, 6221 N Chestnut, and Hy-Vee, 7117 N. Prospect.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR JUNE, 2000.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council. a) Neighborhood Preservation Task Force Appointments.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone from C-1 to CP-3, property at 6722 N Oak. Applicant/owner: K.L. LeFever. (File #1128) Audience Note - This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the September 11, 2000 City Council Meeting at the Applicant's request.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request for a Special Use Permit for property west of 5870 N Oak. Applicant: Selective Site Consultant. Owner: Eugene Steffen. (File #1129). Audience Note - This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the August 14, 2000 City Council Meeting at the Applicant's request.
11. FIRST READING BILL 00-33, approving the final plat of Northaven Village Condominium Third Plat, located at 69th and N. Olive. Applicant/Owner: Northaven Village Condominiums, L.L.C. (File #1132).
12. FIRST READING BILL 00-34, authorizing the issuance of $4,000,000 of Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System Revenue Bonds.
13. FIRST READING BILL 00-35, amending schedule V of the Model Traffic Code to establish "No Parking" on 66th Terrace from its intersection with 67th Street to N. Forest (north side only).
14. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for tenant finish of 2,300 sq. ft. building space located at 7125 N. Broadway (formerly Sal's Deli) for North Oak M.U.G. Club. Applicant/Owner: North Oak M.U.G. Club. (BP# 00-0576).
15. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of 27,696 sq. ft. addition and remodel of existing building located at 611 NE 69th Street (Linden Baptist Church). Applicant: Ken McCall Architects. Owner: Linden Baptist Church, Inc. (BP# 00-0450).
16. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of 15,266 sq. ft. addition to existing building located at 6415 NE Antioch Road (Saint Andrews The Apostle Church). Applicant: Gastinger Walker Harden Architects. Owner: The Catholic Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph. (BP# 00-0470).
17. Other Business.
18. Questions from the News Media.