CITY COUNCIL MEETING
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
4. Approval of Regular March 12, 2001 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of April, 2001 as GLADSTONE SAFE SCHOOLS MONTH.
PROCLAMATION: designating Thursday, April 5th, 2001 as ARBOR DAY in the City of Gladstone.
PROCLAMATION: designating April 8th - 14th as INTERNATIONAL BUILDING
SAFETY WEEK in Gladstone, Missouri.
PRESENTATION OF APPRECIATION AWARDS to members of the NEIGHBORHOOD PRESERVATION TASK FORCE.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-21 - ratifying the actions of the City Manager relating to the purchase of certain real estate property at 6118 N. Oak; and accepting the deed transferring such property to the City.
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-22 - authorizing the execution of a contract with Greater Kansas City Umpires Association for services in the amount of $18.75 per League game and $18.75 per Tournament game. Funds are authorized from the General Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-23 - authorizing execution of a contract with William White & Sons for the 2001 Curb and Sidewalk Program in an amount not to exceed $205,781.25 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund. Project #0107.
APPROVAL OF FEBRUARY 2001 FINANCIAL REPORTS
LIQUOR LICENSE APPROVAL for Class A&B Restaurant Bar Liquor by the Drink License. Applicant: El Patio LLC, dba Senor Tequila, 6502 N Oak. Managing Officer: Florencio Sanchez J. Reyes.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone from RP-3 to RP-4, property north of Englewood Road between N Broadway and N Main. Applicant: Nolte & Associates. Owner: Herman Scharhag (File #1143)
9a. FIRST READING BILL 01-12, rezoning from RP-3 to RP-4, property north of Englewood Road between N Broadway and N Main. Applicant: Nolte & Associates. Owner: Herman Scharhag (File #1143)
9b. FIRST READING BILL 01-13, approving a Site Plan in conjunction with a rezoning of property in the 5700 Block of N. Main. Applicant: Nolte & Associates. Owner: Herman Scharhag (File #1143)
9c. FIRST READING BILL 01-14, approving the Final Plat of Gladstone Senior Apartments located in the 5700 Block of N. Main. Applicant: Nolte & Associates. Owner: Herman Scharhag (File #1144)
9d. RESOLUTION R-01-24, authorizing execution of a Land Development Agreement with AHM Development, Inc. relating to the development of a Senior Housing Independent Living facility and the construction of deferred parking in the 5700 block of N. Main.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to amend the Gladstone Zoning Ordinance, dealing with setbacks for decks. Applicant: City of Gladstone. (File #1142)
10a. FIRST READING BILL 01-15, amending Section 32-1 and 32-10 (D) of the Gladstone Zoning Ordinance dealing with setbacks for decks. (File #1142)
11. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for Paris II Education Center, 6840 N. Oak Trafficway, for a 1,380 sq. ft. addition to the existing building. Applicant: Ken McCall & Associates Architect. Owner: Garold Tingler. (BP #01-0087)
12. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for the interior and exterior remodel of Long John Silvers/A&W, 7017 N. Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Arc Vision, Inc. Owner: Yorkshire Global Restaurants, Inc. (BP#01-0097)
13. RESOLUTION R-01-25, expressing the opposition of the City Council to the passage of House Bill 472 and Senate Bill 369, pending before the Missouri General Assembly that, if adopted, would adversely affect the authority of the City of Gladstone to regulate the use of public rights-of-way for the benefit of the residents of the City.
14. Other Business.