CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 23, 2001
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the
Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Privileged Communication & Litigation Discussion
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular June 25, 2001 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: Designating the month of July, 2001 as “National Parks and Recreation Month” in the City of Gladstone.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-50, authorizing the City Manager to accept a Bill of Sale from the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City - St. Joseph and Excel Constructors, Inc. conveying water line to the City built in conjunction with construction of St. Andrew’s Church Addition, 6415 North Antioch Road. (Improvements constructed entirely at the Developer’s expense.)
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-51, authorizing Change Order No. 1 to the 2001 Street Overlay Program in the amount of $35,420.55 and authorizing the appropriation of additional funds in such amount from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund. (Project 0201)
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-52, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Fleshman Excavating for the Old Pike Road Reconstruction Project and authorizing final payment in the amount of $39,168.85 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-53, expressing the support of the Gladstone City Council for the proposed Senior Housing Project being undertaken by AHM, Inc. to be constructed at Englewood & North Broadway
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Bubbles, 7407 N. Oak, Class C License
· Godfather’s Pizza, 328 NE 72nd Street, Class D
· Margarita’s, 7013 N. Oak, Class A & B License
· Senor Tequila’s, 6502 N. Oak, Class A & B License
· Dominic’s, 6300 N. Oak, Class A License
· Donovan’s, 6825 N. Oak, Class A License
· Kwik Shoppe, 7603 N. Oak, Class C License
· Tortilla Flats, 5716 N Antioch, Class A
· Stone Canyon, 6433 N. Prospect, Class A & B License
· Tommy’s, 6221 N. Chestnut, Class A & B License
· Mel’s Hideaway, 6948 N. Oak, Class A License
· The End Zone, 7632 N. Oak, Class A License
· Uncle Nebo’s, 7102 N. Oak, Class A License
· Phillips 66, 7303 N. Oak, Class E License
· Tropical Mexican Restaurant , 5941 N Antioch, Class A&B License
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 01-29, an annual ordinance establishing a procedure for certain Gladstone Municipal Officials to disclose potential conflicts of interest and comply with the personal financial disclosure requirements pursuant to the State of Missouri “Ethics Law”.
10. FIRST READING BILL 01-30, repealing Ordinance No. 3.793 (Code Section 29-66(A), B(1) and B(2) and enacting new Sewer Service and Commodity Rate Charges in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.