CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2001
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the Regular
Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemptions 610.021(1) Privileged Communications and Litigation Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular September 24, 2001 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating October 9, 2001 as RACE EQUALITY DAY in Gladstone, Missouri. Sponsor: National League of Cities
4b. PROCLAMATION designating October 2001 as NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH in Gladstone, Missouri. Sponsor: The United States Conference of Mayors.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-66, authorizing the City Manager to accept the proposal of Tricon Construction Company in the amount of $34,876. from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund for the 2001 Arterial Sidewalk Program. (Project 0111)
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-67, authorizing the City Manager to accept Quit Claim Deeds transferring ownership of rights-of-way, including streets and storm drainage structures in the Claymont Pointe Subdivision for City maintenance.
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-68, authorizing the City Manager to accept the proposal of Smeal Apparatus Company in the amount of $547,587 from the Fire Protection Sales Tax Fund for the purchase of one 2002 Model 105 ft. Aerial Ladder Fire Pumper. (Includes $41,000 trade-in for 1973 Sutphen and 1986 Grummen trucks).
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for 16,597 sq. ft. tenant finish for Par Electric at 4700 N Belleview. Applicant: Luke Drailey Construction. BP#01-0684
10. SECOND READING BILL 01-31, approving a Special Use Permit on property at 5800 N Oak for operation of Auto Trend, Inc. subject to certain conditions. Applicant/owner: Auto Trend, Inc. (File #1158)
11. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone property at 7508 N Oak from C-1 to CP-3. Applicant: North Oak Garden Center. Owner: Anthony and Fina Scire. (File # 1164)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the Monday, October 22, 2001 City Council Meeting at the request of City Staff.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.