CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2001
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular October 8, 2001 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-69 amending the 2001-2002 Annual General Fund and Combined Waterworks & Sewerage Fund (CWSS) Fund Budgets for the City of Gladstone and authorizing expenditures of funds. (General Fund: Revenues - $12,510,095; Expenditures - $12,496,829); (Combined Water & Sewer Services Fund: Revenues - $5,872,432; Expenditures - $5,867,297).
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-70 authorizing the approval of Change Order No. 3 in the amount of $44,780.90 and approving the acceptance of work under contract with Superior Bowen Asphalt Company for the 2001 Street Overlay Program and authorizing final payment in the amount of $320,572.31 for Project 0201. Funds are authorized from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-71 authorizing execution of a contract with Taylor Ball, Inc. for the construction management of the new fire station and Public Safety renovation in the amount not to exceed $139,125. Project #025602 & 025603. Funds are authorized from the Fire/EMS Sales Tax Fund.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for September, 2001.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone property at 7508 N Oak from C-1 to CP-3. Applicant: North Oak Garden Center. Owner: Anthony and Fina Scire. (File # 1164)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This public hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the Monday, November 12, 2001 City Council Meeting at the request of City Staff.
10. FIRST READING BILL 01-41, amending Chapter 3 of the Gladstone Alcohol Beverage Code, by enacting a new section requiring the registration by licensees of kegs containing beer, wine or intoxicating liquor and prohibiting any person from allowing consumption by a minor of alcoholic beverages purchased in kegs; prohibiting minors from consuming alcoholic beverages purchased in kegs and providing penalties for violations.
11. ADOPTION OF WRITTEN DECISION WITH FINDINGS OF FACT on denial of Application of Auto Trend, Inc. for Special Use Permit to operate an automobile dealership on property located at 5800 N. Oak Trafficway, documenting City Council action of October 8, 2001.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.