CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2001
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Privileged Communications Discussion, 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular October 22, 2001 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-01-72, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Green Mountain Joinery, Inc. for the Oak Grove Storage Building and authorizing final payment in the amount of $1,023.15 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund.
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for a 384 sq. ft. addition to existing structure at 6606 N Antioch Road. Applicant/Owner: Baldwin Properties, Inc. (BP #01-0769)
APPROVAL OF INTERIM FINANCIAL REPORTS for October, 2001.
6. Communications from the Audience.
a. Presentation to the City Council from Trans Systems
regarding proposed Stop Sign at Brooktree & Kendallwood.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone property at 7508 N Oak from C-1 to CP-3. Applicant: North Oak Garden Center. Owner: Anthony and Fina Scire. (File # 1164
AUDIENCE NOTE: This public hearing will be opened and immediately recontinued to the Monday, November 26, 2001 City Council Meeting at the request of City Staff.
10. PRESENTATION OF COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT FOR THE CITY OF GLADSTONE FOR THE YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2001 by Independent Certified Public Accountants Cochran, Head & Co.
10a. CITY COUNCIL ACCEPTANCE OF 2000-2001 CITY OF GLADSTONE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT.
11. FIRST READING BILL 01-42, establishing a Sister Cities Commission for the City of Gladstone, Missouri; setting forth the duties, and providing for the appointment of members and selection of Chairman and Officers.
12. FIRST READING BILL 01-43, electing the Alternate LT-8(65) Benefit Program under the Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System (LAGERS) for the City of Gladstone, Missouri pursuant to RSMO 70.646 as amended. Effective Date: January 1, 2002.
13. FIRST READING BILL 01-44, an ordinance amending Chapter 21 of the Gladstone City Code to enact a new section prohibiting a person from leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle; and providing for penalties for violations thereof.
14. FIRST READING BILL 01-45, an ordinance amending Chapter 21 of the Gladstone City Code by enacting a new section prohibiting certain acts that constitute endangering the welfare of a child and providing for penalties for violations thereof.
15 RESOLUTION 01-73, pertaining to the financing of certain improvements and authorizing the offering for sale of an issue of approximately $6,500,000 Certificates of Participation, Series 2002.
16. Other Business.
17. Questions from the News Media.