CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 11, 2002
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular February 25, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PRESENTATION OF BOARD AND COMMISSION APPRECIATION PLAQUES
Pamela Morrow, Planning Commission
January 1996 - December 2001
Marvin Mathewson, Capital Improvements Program Committee
January 1999 - December 2001
Justin Lippmann, Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
January 1999 - October 2001
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. 02-25, authorizing execution of a contract with Shawn’s Lawn and Landscape, Inc. for mowing of certain City parks, facilities and drainage areas for the 2002 mowing season for an estimated contract amount of $15,617.00 from the General Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-26, ratifying the City Manager’s execution of amendments to the Antioch Tower, Linden Tower and Water Treatment Plant Antenna Site Leases with Verizon Wireless.
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-27, acceptance of work under the Linden Water Tower Painting Contract with Utility Services, Inc., and authorizing final payment in the amount of $93,882.00 from the CWSS 2000 Revenue Bond Projects Fund. (Project #0135)
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-28, authorizing Change Order #1 in the amount of $22,100.00 from the Combined Water and Sanitary Sewer Fund to the Ace Pipe Sanitary Sewer Cleaning & Televising Contract. (Project #0205) .
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-30, authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Cooperative Agreement with the City of Kansas City, Missouri for a study of the Pleasant Valley Road corridor and related improvements to be conducted by Bucher, Willis & Ratliff Engineers. Gladstone contract share: $42,310.00. Fund: Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-31, authorizing acceptance of a Bill of Sale From K.L. & Jeana A. LeFever and Syler Contractors, Inc., conveying to the City a water line built in conjunction with construction at Northtowne Volkswagen, 6728 North Oak Trafficway. (Improvements entirely at developer’s expense).
APPROVAL OF LIMITED ONE DAY BEER & WINE LICENSE to St. Charles Borromeo Church, 804 Shady Lane Drive, for parish event on Saturday, April 27, 2002. Hours: 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Managing Officer: Mr. Paul G. Danaher
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 02-9, amending Schedule V of the Model Traffic Code (City Code Section 18-12) to establish “No Parking” on both sides of North Indiana from NE 72nd Street to 71st Terrace.
10. FIRST READING BILL 02-10, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Ordinance to establish a “Stop” sign at the Southeast corner of N Norton and 72nd Street.
11. Other Business
12. Questions from the News Media.