CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 13, 2002
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the
Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption
610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Presentation of the Colors and Pledge of Allegiance: Scouts from Troop #357 sponsored by St. Luke’s Presbyterian Church.
4. Approval of Regular April 22, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-39, authorizing execution of a contract with Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC in the amount of $45,682.08 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund for the 2002 Intermediate Street Maintenance Program. (Project #0206)
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-40, declaring certain City property as surplus property and authorizing the sale of such property together with abandoned and unclaimed property held by the City to the highest bidder at auction or by sealed bid.
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-42, authorizing the Mayor and City Manager of the City of Gladstone, Missouri to execute a Highway Safety Law Enforcement Grant Application with the Missouri Division of Highway Safety for funding in the amount of $3,600.00.
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of a 3,880 sq. ft. Steak ‘n Shake Restaurant at 4929 Old Pike Road. Applicant: KAW Valley Engineering. Owner: Steak ‘n Shake. (BP# 02-0230)
APPROVAL OF PARK FESTIVAL USE PERMITS for the 6th Annual Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, Friday and Saturday, June 14-15, 2002, and the 23rd Annual Gladfest Celebration on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 4-6, 2002 in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N. Holmes under the sponsorship of the Gladstone Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Gladstone.
APPROVAL OF BEER LICENSE for Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, (2-day license), June 14-15, 2002, Managing Officer: Chad Nichols; and Gladfest Celebration in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N Holmes, (3-day license) , October 4-6, 2002. Managing Officer: Jane Shevling.
APPROVAL OF CLASS “A” LIQUOR BY DRINK LICENSE CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP, A. Michelle Nardella, New Owner/Managing Officer dba Uncle Nebo’s, 7102 N Oak.
APPROVAL OF NEW LIQUOR LICENSE, El Patio, LLC dba Senor Tequila, 5941 N Antioch Road. Managing Officer, Reyes Florencio.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
a. Appointment of Lance Turner to Planning Commission for unexpired term ending December ’02.
b. Appointment of James Bone to Planning Commission for unexpired term ending December ’03.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING on a request for a Site Plan Revision at 301 NW 72nd Street. Applicant: Larry Whitton. (File #1176) (Continued from May 13, 2002 City Council Meeting).
10. FIRST READING BILL 02-15, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Ordinance to establish a “Stop” sign at the Southeast Corner of N Flora and 68th Terrace.
11. FIRST READING BILL 02-16, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Ordinance to establish “Stop” signs at the Southwest Corner of N Troost & 73rd Street; and the Southwest Corner of N Troost and NE 73rd Terrace.
12. Other Business
13. Questions from the News Media.