CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2002
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular June 10, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATIONS designating the month of July 2002 as “NATIONAL PARKS AND RECREATION MONTH”.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-02-49, authorizing execution of a contract with Riggs Recreation Equipment for installation of playground equipment in Meadowbrook Park for a total amount not to exceed $29,631.00 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Quick Trip, 6309 N Antioch Road, 7 day Package Liquor License
· Quick Trip, 2590 NE 72nd Street, 7 day Package Liquor License
· Osco Drug, 6129 N Antioch Road, 7 day Package Liquor License
· Eckerd Drug, 7107 N Oak Trafficway, 7 day Package Liquor License
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for May, 2002.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
a. Board and Commission Appointments
· Appointment to Citizen Member vacancy on Capital Improvements Program Committee for term ending December 2003.
· Appointment of Mr. Roger Buckner, 202 NW 72nd Street, to Codes Board of Appeals for term ending December 2003.
· Appointment of Planning Commissioner Joe Evans as Commission representative to Capital Improvements Program Committee.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION NO. R-02-47, authorizing execution of a contract with Kansas City Area Transportation Authority to provide public transportation serving Gladstone residents for the period July 1, 2002 through June 30, 2003 for a total Gladstone Local Share not to exceed $20,587.00 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund.
10. RESOLUTION NO. R-02-48, adopting the Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2002 and ending June 30, 2003, and authorizing the expenditure of funds.
12. FIRST READING BILL 02-19, repealing Ordinance No. 2.669 (10/27/86) which designated Stop Signs locations at the SW and NE corners of Brooktree Lane and North Norton, and providing for the elimination of such Stop Signs locations now found to be unwarranted.
13. Other Business
14. Questions from the News Media.