CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 12, 2002
STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the
Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1)
for Litigation and Privileged Communications Discussion, 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular July 22, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-02-55, accepting work under contract with O’Donnell Way Construction for the Oak Grove and Central Park parking lot overlays and authorizing final payment in the amount of $3,206.37 from the Capital Improvement Sales Tax Fund. (Project 9806/0221)
RESOLUTION R-02-56, authorizing Change Order #1 in the amount of $30,362.91 for the 2002 Street Overlay Project Contract with Superior/Bowen Asphalt Company, and authorizing allocation of additional funds in such amount from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund (Project #0301)
RESOLUTION R-02-57, authorizing Change Order #5 in the amount of $22,173.98 for the Mill Creek Watershed/Meadowbrook Drainage Improvement Contract with Pyramid Excavation & Construction, and authorizing allocation of additional funds in such amount from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund. (Project #0119)
RESOLUTION R-02-58, authorizing execution of a real estate contract by and between the city of Gladstone, Missouri and Mr. Dominic Cuccia for sale of 5,000 sq. ft. of City real estate to accommodate the development of the Better Car Wash under construction at 6902 N Oak.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 02-23, an ordinance amending Chapter 3 of the Gladstone City Code being the Alcoholic Beverage Code, by enacting a new section prohibiting Open House parties at which minors may possess or consume alcoholic beverages or drugs; and providing penalties for violations thereof.
10. FIRST READING BILL 02-24, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Code to designate a STOP SIGN at the SW Corner of NE 63rd Street and N Jackson.
11. Other Business
12. Questions from the News Media.