CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2002
STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the
Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1)
for Litigation and Privileged Communications Discussion, and
610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular August 26, 2002 and Special September 3, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL PRESENTATION BY V.F.W. POST 10906 OF “J. EDGAR HOOVER MEMORIAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AWARD “.
Presenter: Post Commander Elton Alewel
RECOGNITION OF CONTEST PARTICIPANTS in City Open House Essay Contest “If I Were Mayor, I Would…”
* Ashley Volts * Daniel Chen
5th Grade, Oakwood Manor School 2nd Grade, Chapel Hill School
PROCLAMATION designating the week of September 23-29, 2002 as “RACE EQUALITY WEEK” in the City of Gladstone.
PROCLAMATION designating the month of October, 2002 as “NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH” in the City of Gladstone.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-67, affirming and ratifying the actions of the City Manager in executing a contract with McConnell & Associates Corporation for tennis and basketball court resurfacing in the amount of $40,527.51 from the Capital Improvements Sales Tax Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-68, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Musselman & Hall for the 2002 Intermediate Maintenance Program and authorizing final payment in the amount of $4,568.21 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund.
RESOLUTION NO. R-02-69, authorizing execution of a contract with McGarrah Construction Company for the Mill Creek Sanitary Sewer Improvements project in the amount of $119,213.00 from the 2002 Combined Waterworks and Sewerage Service Water Revenue Bond Fund.
RESOLUTION R-02-70, adopting certain revisions to the “WATER AND SEWER UTILITY REGULATIONS” for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for the month of August, 2002.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING on a request for a Site Plan Revision on property located at 6902 N. Oak. Applicant/Owner: Dominic Cuccia. (File #1178) (Continued from 6/10/02 City Council Meeting)
AUDIENCE NOTE: Applicant has withdrawn this application for Site Plan Revision therefore no public hearing will be held.
10. CONSIDERATION OF SIGN VARIANCE REQUEST on property at 6032 NE Antioch Road, Meadowbrook Village Shopping Center. Owner: ARO Real Estate
Applicant: Extreme Signs, Inc.
11. FIRST READING BILL 02-27, repealing Section 29-6 of the Gladstone Municipal Code to establish new Water Service Rates for the City of Gladstone and amending the Senior Citizen Discount for water service.
12. Other Business
13. Questions from the News Media.