CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2002
STUDY SESSION: 6:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act
Exemption 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion,
and 610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance: Cub Scout Pack #247
4. Approval of Regular November 11, 2002 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-02-85, authorizing execution of a contract with Olsson Associates for the design of the 76th Street Reconstruction Project from North Troost to North Lydia in the amount of $49,279.00 with funding from the 2002 Certificates of Participation. (Project #0514)
RESOLUTION R-02-86, adopting a Revised “Investment Policy” establishing procedures for investing the financial assets of all funds of the City of Gladstone.
RESOLUTION R-02-87, accepting Temporary Construction and Permanent Maintenance Easements from property owners in conjunction with reconstruction and permanent maintenance of a retaining wall on properties at 7005 and 7007 North Baltimore.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 02-29, an ordinance imposing a use tax for general revenue purposes at the rate of two and one-fourth percent (2 1/4%) pursuant to the authority granted by and subject to the provisions of sections 144.600 through 144.763 RSMo.; providing that the Use Tax shall be reduced or raised in the same amount as any City Sales Tax may be reduced or raised; providing for the submission of the proposal to the qualified voters of the city for their approval at the Municipal Election called and to be held in the City of Gladstone on Tuesday, February 4, 2003; designating the form of the ballot; and directing the City Clerk to provide notice of said election.
10. FIRST READING BILL 02-30, an ordinance calling a General Election for Tuesday, April 8, 2003 for the election of two positions to the Gladstone City Council; describing the form of the ballot; and directing the City Clerk to submit certification of such election to the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners pursuant to RSMo., 115.125.
11. FIRST READING BILL 02-31, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Ordinance to establish a Stop Sign Location at the Northwest Corner of NE 74th Street & N Main.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.