CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 14, 2003
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular March 24, 2003, City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of April, 2003 as “National Child Abuse
Prevention Month” in Gladstone, Missouri.
5. FIRST READING BILL 03-06, declaring the results of the Tuesday, April 8, 2003
Gladstone General Election as certified by the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners
that City Council Candidates Bill Cross and Joe Evans have been elected to Three Year Terms
on the Gladstone City Council.
6. REMARKS from the City Council.
7. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: Bill Cross and Joe Evans
8. REMARKS from the City Council.
9. ELECTION OF MAYOR AND OATH OF OFFICE
10. ELECTION OF MAYOR PRO-TEM
11. SPECIAL PRESENTATION to Shirley Smith recognizing her service to the City of Gladstone
12. CONSENT AGENDA.
RESOLUTION 03-26, authorizing execution of a contract with Seal-O-Matic Paving Company, Incorporated, for the 2003 Full Depth Replacement Program. (Project 035002)
RESOLUTION 03-27, authorizing execution of a contract with O’Donnell-Way Construction, Incorporated for the 2003 Street Overlay. (Project 045001)
RESOLUTION 03-28, authorizing execution of a contract with Ace Pipe Cleaning, Incorporated
for the 2003 Sanitary Sewer Cleaning and Televising. (Project 034005)
RESOLUTION 03-29, authorizing execution of a contract with Dobson-Davis Company for the
Mill Creek Sanitary Sewer Manhole Rehabilitation. (Project 034092)
RESOLUTION 03-30, authorizing execution of a contract with Vance Brothers, Incorporated for
the 2003 Intermediate Maintenance Program (Slurry Seal). (Project 035003)
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of vestibule additions at the North and South doors of the existing McDonald’s building, located at 6305 N. Antioch Road.
APPROVAL OF LIMITED LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE to Oakhill Day School, 7019 North Cherry, for a school event on Saturday, May 17, 2003. Hours: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM. Managing Officer: Kathleen Knechtel.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT for the month of March, 2003.
13. Communications from the Audience.
14. Communications from the City Council.
14a. Special Presentation by Councilman Wayne Beer on behalf of Gladstone’s Bennet and Dennis Herrick Memorial American Legion Post 626 to Public Safety Officer Kelly Kirk and his family in recognition of Officer Kirk’s service to his country as an Active Drilling Reservist Petty Officer.
15. Communications from the City Manager.
16. PUBLIC HEARING on a request for a Special Use Permit to operate a bingo game two nights a week at the Knights of Columbus Hall located at 1500 NE Englewood Road.
Applicant: Fr. Hager Council #7064. Owners: Fr. Hager Council #7064. (File #1187)
Monday, April 28, 2003, City Council Meeting at the request of Staff.
17. Other Business.
18. Questions from the News Media.
Following the Adjournment of the Regular Council Meeting
You are cordially invited to a Reception
Honoring the City Council
City of Gladstone and Gladstone Area Chamber of Commerce