CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 9, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular May 27, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION to graduates of the Gladstone Public Safety Citizens Academy.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating the week of June 23, 2003, as Smoke Detector
Awareness Week in Gladstone, Missouri.
4c. Gladstone Neighbors Helping Neighbors Report by Executive Director Art Hammen.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-40, authorizing execution of a contract with Mid America Sign Contractors, Inc., including Change Order No. One for the City Signage Master Plan. Project 0110/0210.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-41, authorizing execution of a contract with Kraus-Anderson Construction Company in the amount of $1,310,000.00 for the Public Safety Fire Station. Project 025602.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-42, authorizing execution of a contract with Kansas City Area Transportation Authority to provide public transportation serving Gladstone residents for the period July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004 for a total Gladstone Local Share not to exceed $21,800 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund.
APPROVAL OF CLASS “A” AND “D” LIQUOR BY THE DRINK AND PACKAGE LICENSE CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP, Dominic’s Pizza & Pasta, Inc., 6300 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Josephine Spino.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Hen House, 6475 N Prospect, Package Liquor License
· Osco Drug, 6129 N Antioch Road, 7 day Package Liquor License
· Northland Elks, 7010 N Cherry, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING on a request for a Site Plan Revision on property located at 4901 Old Pike Road. Applicant: Suter-Sambol, LLC. Owner: Credit Suisse Leasing, c/o the Home Depot. (File # 1191).
9a. FIRST READING BILL 03-16, approving a Site Plan at 4901 Old Pike Road.
11. FIRST READING BILL 03-18, amending Ordinance No. 2.919, being section 3-25 (A)
of the City Code by increasing the number of authorized liquor licenses for Class A &
B License categories to not more than 25 such licenses.
12. APPROVAL OF NEW LIQUOR LICENSE, CLASS “A” AND “B”, LIQUOR BY THE DRINK, The Peanut of Gladstone, Inc., 6024b North Antioch Road. Managing Officer: Richard Kenny.
13. RESOLUTION NO. R-03-43, adopting the 2004 Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2003 and ending June 30, 2004, authorizing the expenditure of funds, and approving the Position Classification and Compensation Plan.
14. FIRST READING BILL 03-19, enacting new provisions of the City’s Traffic Regulations regulating the following of, and yielding the right of way to, an emergency vehicle that is responding to an emergency call.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.