CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 23, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular june 9, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of July 2003, as “NATIONAL PARKS
AND RECREATION MONTH”.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-44, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Black and Veatch for the Mill Creek Sanitary Rehabilitation, and authorizing final payment in the amount of $234,738.00. Project #0391.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-45, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with McConnell and Associates for the Tennis and Basketball Court Resurfacing; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $5,086.03. Project #0125.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-46, approving the contract with the City of Overland Park,
Kansas, for emergency storm debris removal services in the aftermath of the tornado of May 4, 2003, in an amount not to exceed $21,000.00.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Bubbles Wines & Spirits, 7407 N. Oak, 7 Day Package Liquor License
· Quik Trip, 2590 NE 72 Street, 7 Day Package Liquor License
· Quik Trip, 6309 NE Antioch Road, 7 Day Package Liquor License
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for the month of May 2003.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9, RESOLUTION NO. R-03-42, authorizing execution of a contract with Kansas City Area Transportation Authority to provide public transportation serving Gladstone residents for the period July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004 for a total Gladstone Local Share not to exceed $21,800 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund.
11. FIRST READING BILL 03-21, authorizing the execution of Certificates of Participation Series 2003 and related documents for storm water improvements under the Missouri DNR Storm Water Grant and Loan Program.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.