CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 14, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Session pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular june 23, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating the week of July 13–19, 2003, “NATIONAL AQUATIC WEEK”.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-47, authorizing acceptance of a Bill of Sale from Dominic Cuccia and BARSCO Mechanical conveying to the City a water main and two fire hydrants located at 6902 North Oak Trafficway.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-48, accepting Temporary and Permanent easements from property owners in conjunction with the Rock Creek Channel Improvements, Brooktree to Gladstone Lane. Project 0123
RESOLUTION NO. 03-49, authorizing Change Order No. One for the Sanitary Sewer Cleaning and Televising Program in the amount of $34,724.20 and authorizing the appropriation of additional funds in such amount from the Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System Fund. Project 034005
RESOLUTION NO. 03-50, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Taylor Ball for the Construction Management Services for the design and construction of the new fire station and authorizing final payment in the amount of $6,340.00 from the Fire/EMS Sales Tax Fund. Project 025602
RESOLUTION NO. 03-51, authorizing execution of a contract with Twin Traffic Marking Corporation for the 2003 Pavement Marking Program in the amount of $12,349.78 from the Transportation Sales Tax Fund. Project 035035
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Wasahi, LLC, 328 NE 72nd Street, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Margarita’s North, 7013 N.Oak, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Applebee’s, 6069 N Antioch Road, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Smokehouse BBQ, 6304 N. Oak, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Eckerd Drug, 7101 N. Oak, 7 Day Package Liquor License
· China Buffet, 6000 N. Antioch, Beer/Wine License
· Phillips 66, 7303 N Oak, Package Beer License
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9, PUBLIC HEARING for consideration of a Sign Variance to allow construction of a modified pylon sign with a maximum height of 12 feet 6 inches at Ming Auto Beauty Center located at 400 NE 73rd Terrace. Applicant: Bandy Sign Service. Owner: Jahanian Daryoush. (File #1195)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately
continued to the Monday, July 28, 2003, City Council Meeting at the request of Staff.
10. PUBLIC HEARING for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Amanda Ratcliffe for operation of a Child Care Center at 203 NE 73rd Street. Applicant/Owner: Amanda Ratcliffe. (File #1192)
10a. FIRST READING BILL 03-22, approving a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Amanda Ratcliffe for operation of a Child Care Center on Residential property at 203 NE 73 Street.
11. FIRST READING BILL 03-23, approving the Final Plat of “Replat of Lots 1, 2 and 3 of Carriage Hill 9th Plat”, a subdivision in the County of Clay, City of Gladstone, Missouri, and directing the appropriate officials to affix their signature to said Plat for recording. (File # 1197)
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.