CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act
Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel and Exemption 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular july 28, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: recognizing the CLAY COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH CENTER’S 50-YEAR ANIVERSARY.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Smokin Joe’s, LLC, 6004 B NE Antioch Road, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Kwik Shoppe,7603 N Oak Trafficway, 7 Day Package Liquor License
· HyVee, 7117 N. Prospect, Package Liquor License
· The Groove, 316 NE 72 Street, Class A Liquor by the Drink License
· Conoco Food Mart, 5810 N. Antioch, Package Liquor License
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. SECOND READING BILL 03-24, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Gladys Morrison for operation of a Massage Facility on property at 7513 North Highland.
10. SECOND READING BILL 03-25, repealing certain provisions of Chapter 26 of the Gladstone City Code and enacting in lieu therof new provisions clarifying the
distinction between commercial and non-commercial activities and permit
requirements in the regulation of Door-to-Door Solicitors and Peddlers.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.