CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 25, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular August 11, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. Special presentation to THE Parks and Recreation DEPARTMENT and THE Public Safety DEPARTMENT.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-54, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Quit Claim Deeds from property owners in conjunction with the North Main Street Reconstruction Project. (0215)
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-55, accepting Temporary Construction Easements, Permanent Easements, and Right-of-Way Parcels from property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Street Reconstruction Project. (98014)
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-56, in support of Proposition-A, to be voted upon by the citizens of Clay County establishing a levy on Real Property of .05 cents per each one hundred dollars of assessed valuation for the purpose of providing services to persons sixty years of age or older.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-57, in support of changing the established “Missouri Day” from the third Wednesday in October to the second week in May.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL:
Johnny Cascone Northland, Inc. dba Tommy’s, 6221 North Chestnut, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS for the month of July 2003.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: on setting the annual rate of levy for the 2003 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri at $.5368/$100.00 valuation.
9a. FIRST READING BILL 03-26, setting the annual rate of levy for the 2003 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of Gladstone, Missouri at $.5368/$100.00 valuation.
10. FIRST READING BILL 03-27, amending Schedule IX of the Model Traffic Ordinance (City Code Section 18-12) designating speed zones in the City of Gladstone, Missouri, to establish a new speed limit of 35 miles per hour for the speed zone along and upon North Antioch Road from Pleasant Valley Road and 64th Street to the north city limits.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.