CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2003
CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: 6:00 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, Exemption 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and Exemption 610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular september 22, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION designating the month of October 2003 as National Breast
Cancer Awareness Month.
4b. PROCLAMATION designating October 24-31, 2003 as National Red Ribbon
Week and calling on all Americans to support a drug free nation.
4c. PROCLAMATION recognizing the efforts of the Northland Assistance Center.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-69, declaring certain City owned Fire/EMS Bureau equipment as “Surplus City Property” and authorizing its disposal under the provisions of the City of Gladstone Purchasing Policy.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-70, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Burns & McDonnell for the 72nd Street Reconstruction Design and authorizing final payment in the amount of $4,214.50. (Project 9417).
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-71, authorizing the Sister City Commission of the City of Gladstone to pursue a Sister City relationship with Tlaquepaque, Mexico.
RESOLUTION NO. 03-72, authorizing execution of a contract with Zimmer Companies Inc. for Real Estate Services.
RESOLUTION NO. 03-73, amending the 2004 Annual General Fund and Combined Waterworks Sewerage System (CWSS) Fund Budgets for the City of Gladstone, Missouri and Authorizing expenditures of funds.
RESOLUTION NO. 03-74, accepting Temporary Construction Easements, Permanent Easements, and Right-Of-Way parcels from property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Street Reconstruction Project. (985014).
RESOLUTION NO. 03-75, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Easements from property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 67th & Forest Storm Drainage Project. (045033).
RESOLUTION NO. 03-76, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Camp Dresser and McKee for the Rock Creek Channel Improvements and Prospect Detention Basin at 68th Street (design); and authorizing final payment in the amount of $27,132.00.
RESOLUTION NO. 03-77, authorizing execution of a contract in a total amount not to exceed $945,945.29 with Rose-Lan Contractors for the Rock Creek Channel Improvements; Project 0123.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
7a. Capital Improvements Committee Appointment
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Joyce Vogt for operation of an in-home Nail Salon at 2201 NE 56 Terrace. Applicant/Owner: Joyce Vogt. (File #1203)
9a. FIRST READING BILL 03-33, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Joyce Vogt for operation of a Nail Salon on Property at 2201 NE 56th Terrace. (File #1203)
10. PUBLIC HEARING on a request to rezone from R-1 (Residential) to RP-2 (Planned Two-Family Residential) at property located at the corner of NE 72nd Street and N. Monroe and legally described as Lot 12, Glaywoods Subdivision. Applicant/Owner: City of Gladstone. (File #1205)
10a. FIRST READING BILL 03-34, amending Ordinance No. 2.292 and being an ordinance elating to Zoning Ordinance Regulations and the establishment of Use Districts within the City of Gladstone, Missouri. (File #1205)
11. PUBLIC HEARING on a request to rezone from R-3 (Garden Apartment Residential District) to RCHP (Residential Cluster Housing-Planned) at property located at Shady Lane and North Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Reveda Development, LLC. Owner: Edith Investment Company, Inc. (File #1204)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately
continued to the Monday, October 27, 2003, City Council Meeting pending a recommendation from the Planning Commission.
12. FIRST READING BILL 03-35, repealing Ordinance 2.170, codified under Chapter 30 of the Gladstone City Code, and enacting in lieu thereof new provisions concerning the carrying of firearms and other weapons, concealed and nonconcealed, within buildings owned by the City of Gladstone.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.