CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2003
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
Closed Executive Session will immediately follow adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular October 13, 2003 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: designating November 1, 2003 as “Family Literacy Day” in Gladstone. Sponsor: William Boydston Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-78, accepting work under contract with Seal-O-Matic Paving Company, Incorporated for the 2003 Full Depth Replacement Program and authorizing final payment in the amount of $22,856.93. Project # 035002.
RESOLUTION NO. R-03-79, authorizing execution of a contract with J & N Utilities for a total amount not to exceed $262,785.31 for the Replacement of Three Water Mains located at NE 57th Terrace and North Flora, North Garfield and North Euclid Avenue, and Northeast 67th Street and North Campbell Avenue. Project 024092.
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT for construction of a new fascia for existing property at 7204 North Oak Trafficway. (BP 03-1220)
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT for the month of September 2003.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING: on a request to rezone from R-3 (Garden Apartment Residential District) to RCHP (Residential Cluster Housing-Planned) at property located at Shady Lane and North Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Reveda Development, LLC. Owner: Edith Investment Company, Inc. (File #1204)
(Continued from the October 13, 2003 Council Meeting)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately
continued to the Monday, November 10, 2003, City Council Meeting pending a recommendation from the Planning Commission.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Toni Faust for operation of a Montessori School at 903 NE 76 Street. Applicant/Owner: Toni Faust. (File #1202)
(Continued from the September 22, 2003 Council Meeting)
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing is tabled indefinitely and referred back to the Planning Commission for further consideration.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.