CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2004
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular FEBRUARY 23, 2004 City Council Meeting
4a. PROCLAMATION: recognizing the selection of BRITTANY SANDERS as one of the top two youth volunteers in Missouri by the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Program.
RESOLUTION R-04-16, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Paving Maintenance Supply, Inc. for the purchase of a Crafco SS125D Crack Sealing Machine for the purchase amount of $22,972.00.
RESOLUTION R-04-17, authorizing execution of a contract with Miller Paving and Construction, LLC. In the total amount not to exceed $144,920.80 for the 2003 Arterial Sidewalk and 2004 Curb and Sidewalk Programs. Project 035011-045007.
APPROVAL OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for an addition to the south of the existing Hy-Vee Grocery Store at 7117 North Prospect for retail sales and drive-thru pharmacy. Owner/Applicant: Hy-Vee, Inc. (BP 04-0072)
APPROVAL OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for a new structure to be constructed at the northwest corner of the Hy-Vee Grocery Store property at 7117 North Prospect. The new structure will operate as a convenience store with gas pumps. Owner/Applicant: Hy-Vee, Inc. (BP 04-0085)
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to MBW Construction for operation of a Business Office on property at 6615 NE Antioch Road Trafficway. Applicant: MBW Construction, Incorporated. Owners: Keith F. & Alanna K. McConnell. (File # 1218)
9A. FIRST READING BILL 04-10, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to MBW Construction for operation of a Business Office on property at 6615 NE Antioch Road Trafficway.
10. FIRST READING BILL 04-11, approving the Final Plat of “Santerra at Shady Lane”, a subdivision in the County of Clay, City of Gladstone, Missouri, and directing the appropriate officials to affix their signatures to said plat for recording.
11. FIRST READING BILL 04-12, amending schedule VI of the Model Traffic Ordinance (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 18-12) to establish a “Right Turn Only” sign location at North Monroe Avenue and Northeast 64th Street.
12. FIRST READING BILL 04-13, repealing certain provisions of Chapter 26 of the Gladstone City Code and enacting in lieu thereof new provisions to correct Ordinance 3.878 by including previously omitted provisions in the regulation of Door-To-Door Solicitors and Peddlers.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.