CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2004
DEDICATION OF THE CITY HALL
CONFERENCE AND RECORDS ADDITION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular March 22, 2004, City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL PRESENTATION to Jeff O’Donnell, Gladstone Auto Repair, for his act
of service to the community.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating April 2004 as “Public Health Month” in
4c. PROCLAMATION: designating
April 24, 2004 as “Find Your Best Friend Day” in
5. STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS
6. FIRST READING BILL 04-15, declaring the results of the Tuesday, April 6, 2004 Gladstone General Election as certified by the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners that City Council Candidate Les Smith has been elected to a Three Year Term on the Gladstone City Council.
7. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: LES SMITH.
8. REMARKS FROM CITY COUNCIL.
9. ELECTION OF MAYOR AND OATH OF OFFICE.
10. REMARKS FROM CITY COUNCIL.
11. ELECTION OF MAYOR PRO-TEM.
12. REMARKS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL.
13. RECESS FOR RECEPTION.
You are cordially invited to a Reception
Honoring the City Council
by the City of
14. CITY COUNCIL MEETING RECONVENED.
15. CONSENT AGENDA.
04-21, adopting a revised “Investment Policy” establishing
procedures for investing the financial assets of all funds of the City of
RESOLUTION 04-22, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Standard Easements from Property Owners in conjunction with the 59th Terrace Drainage Improvements Project (0209).
RESOLUTION 04-23, authorizing execution of a contract with Holiday Contracting, Inc. in the total amount not to exceed $131,808.50 for the Water Main Replacements Project (0490).
RESOLUTION 04-24, authorizing execution of a contract with Metro Asphalt, Inc. in the total amount not to exceed $420,257.35 for the 2004 Full Depth Replacement and 2004 Overlay Programs and authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of
-$39,065.25. (Project 045002-055001).
RESOLUTION 04-25, authorizing execution of a contract with Irvinbilt Company in the total amount not to exceed $112,600.00 for the Drop Slide at the Municipal Pool Project (046050).
RESOLUTION 04-26, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Layne Christensen Company for the Well #1 Pump Replacement; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $20,418.00 for Project 034089.
RESOLUTION 04-27, authorizing execution of a contract with Wincan America, Inc. in the total amount not to exceed $28,064.00 for the Sanitary Sewer VHS Conversion Project (044094).
APPROVAL OF SUNDAY WINE TASTING LIQUOR LICENSE, American Drug Stores, Inc./Osco Drug; 6129 North Antioch Road; Managing Officer: Dennis VanEmmerick.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT FOR MARCH 2004.
16. Communications from the Audience.
17. Communications from the City Council.
18. Communications from the City Manager.
for consideration of a request to rezone from R-1, Residential to RCH-1P,
Residential Cluster Housing, Planned at property located east of and adjacent
to M-1 and north of
19a. FIRST READING BILL 04-16, rezoning property located east of and adjacent to M-1 and north of 72nd Street from R-1, Residential to RCH-1P, Residential Cluster Housing, Planned. Applicant: Liggett Construction, Inc. Owners: Daniel Hughes, Daniel Nelson, Francis Nelson. (File #1221)
20. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a request to rezone from R-1, Residential and CP-0, Commercial Planned Non-Retail, to CP-3, Commercial Planned on property located at 6110 North Oak Trafficway. Owner/Applicant: Larry & Connie Myers.
20b . FIRST READING BILL 04-19, approving a Site Plan Revision subject to certain
conditions for Property at 6110 North Oak Trafficway, and specifically relating to construction of an Auto Sales Facility. Owner/Applicant: Larry & Connie Myers.
21. FIRST READING BILL 04-20, repealing Ordinance No. 3.863 (Code Section 29-
66(A), (B) (1) and (B) (2), and enacting a new ordinance levying Sewer Service Charges and Commodity Rate Charges in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
22. Other Business.
23. Questions from the News Media.