CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 10, 2004
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular April 26, 2004 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
R-04-32, authorizing the sale
of a tract of real estate owned by the City located at the Northwest corner of
55th Terrace and
R-04-33, accepting additional
Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Easements from property owners
in conjunction with the
RESOLUTION NO. R-04-34, accepting Temporary Construction Easements from property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Street, North Woodland to City Limits, Reconstruction Project (035035).
R-04-35, authorizing the City
Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with
R-04-36, authorizing the City
Manager to enter into a Funding Agreement with
APPROVAL OF PARK FESTIVAL USE PERMITS for the 8th Annual Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, Friday and Saturday, June 11-12, 2004, and the 25th Annual Gladfest Celebration on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 1-3, 2004 in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N. Holmes under the sponsorship of the Gladstone Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Gladstone.
APPROVAL OF BEER LICENSE for Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, (2-day license), June 11-12, 2004, Managing Officer: Amy Harlin; and Gladfest Celebration in Gladstone Central Park, 69th & N Holmes, (3-day license) , October 1-3, 2004. Managing Officer: Amy Harlin.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
7a. Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Commission Appointment.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. SECOND READING BILL 04-22, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Creative Arts Academy for purposes of operating a Gymnastics Center in an R-1 Zone at 1900 NE Englewood Road. Applicant: Creative Arts Academy. Owner: Englewood Baptist Church. (File #1223).
10. FIRST READING BILL 04-23, amending Schedule VIII of the Model Traffic Ordinance (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 18-12) to establish a “Stop” sign location at Northeast 75th Street and North Baltimore.
11. FIRST READING BILL 04-24, creating Chapter 26A and providing regulations concerning the licensing of Day Labor Businesses.
12. FIRST READING Bill 04-25, prohibiting the feeding of migratory waterfowl in City parks and on other City property.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.