CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2004
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular May 24, 2004 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL PRESENTATION OF FUNDS TO CITY – by Gladstone
seventh-grader, Brittany Sanders, who
was recently honored during the “Prudential
Spirit of Community Awards” for volunteerism at the national award ceremony
in Washington, D.C. Presentation of
funds will be made for the purchase of hearing-impaired smoke detectors for
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-04-40, accepting a Standard Easement from property owners in conjunction with the 64th and North Oak-Gladstone, L.L.C. Project at the southwest corner of North Oak and NE 64th Street (Walgreens).
RESOLUTION R-04-41, accepting a Temporary Construction Easement, Permanent Easement, and Right-Of-Way Parcel from a property owner in conjunction with the Northeast 76th Street Reconstruction Project # 985014.
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT: for the interior and exterior remodel of Salon Jubils, 6704 N. Oak Trafficway. Applicant/Owner: William M. Shepherd. (BP 04-0544)
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of a new building for auto sales located at 6110 N. Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Hoefer Wysocki Architects, LLC. Owner: Larry Myers. (BP 04-0510)
APPROVAL OF BUILDING PERMIT: for exterior store elevation changes at Hy-Vee, 7117 N. Prospect. Applicant/Owner: Hy-Vee, Inc. (BP 04-0072 Addendum)
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Quik Trip, 2590 NE 72 Street, 7 Day Package Liquor License
· Hen House, 6475 N Prospect, Package Liquor License
· Smokehouse BBQ, 6304 N. Oak, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
· Northland Elks, 7010 North Cherry, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT FOR MAY 2004
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately continued to the Monday, June 28, 2004, City Council Meeting at the request of Staff.
10a. FIRST READING BILL 04-27, rezoning property legally described as Lots 3 and 4, Old Pike Ridge Subdivision (NW 55th Terrace & Old Pike Road) from CP-O, Commercial Planned Non-Retail to RCHP-1, Residential Cluster Housing Planned. Owner/Applicant: Affordable Homes, Inc. (File #1225).
10b. FIRST READING BILL 04-28, approving a Site Plan revision subject to certain conditions for property located at NW 55th Terrace & Old Pike Road. Owner/Applicant: Affordable Homes, Inc. (File #1225).
10c. FIRST READING BILL 04-29, approving the Final Replat of “Old Pike Ridge Subdivision,” NW 55th Terrace and Old Pike Road. Owner/Applicant: Affordable Homes, Inc. (File #1226).
11. RESOLUTION NO. R-04-42, adopting the 2005 Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2004 and ending June 30, 2005, authorizing the expenditure of funds, and approving the Position Classification and Compensation Plan.
12. FIRST READING BILL 04-30, amending City Code Section 2.31 to update the list of authorized Boards, Commissions, and Committees, and to establish certain general qualifications and limitations for membership on Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
13. FIRST READING BILL 04-31, amending Schedule IX of the Model Traffic Ordinance, Section 18-12 designating speed limits in the City to establish a new time limit for the school zones located at section of North Antioch Road, Pleasant Valley Road, and North Englewood Road.
14. Other Business.
15. Questions from the News Media.