CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 9, 2004
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:15 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular July 26, 2004 City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION 04-48, increasing the City Manager’s authority to negotiate loans for the city from $1,000,000 to $1,300,000 for real property purchases for economic development and other public purposes.
RESOLUTION 04-49, authorizing execution of a contract with Damon Pursell Construction Company in the total amount not to exceed $1,214,211.88 for the Happy Rock West/Antioch Road Improvements. Project 025025.
RESOLUTION 04-50, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Dennis Johnson Construction Company, Inc. for the Rock Creek Detention Basin at 68th Street and North Prospect; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $18,785.46 for Project 0122.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Sonnie of KC, Inc. dba The Groove, 316 NE 72nd Street, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
· HyVee, 7117 N. Prospect, Package Liquor and Wine Tasting License.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
10. RESOLUTION 04-51, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Cargill, Incorporated for the purchase of Snow Removal Salt.
11. RESOLUTION 04-52, authorizing the City Manager to approve a Cooperative Agreement between the Meadowbrook Townhomes Association and the City of Gladstone, Missouri, conveying to the City an 8” Sanitary Sewer Main and assisting the Meadowbrook Townhomes Association in the resurfacing of Northeast Askew Circle.
FOR APPROVAL OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.