CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2005
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular January 24, 2005, 2005 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: recognizing DR.
STEPHEN PELKEY as a recipient of
Nancy Thompson, Co-Chairman
Dick Davis, Co-Chairman
Jean Moore, Co-Chairman
Don Horton, Co-Chairman
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-05-13, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Dennis Johnson Construction for the Old Maid’s Creek, Cave Creek, and East Creek Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Replacements; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $16,111.60 for Project 034093.
RESOLUTION R-05-14, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Insituform Technologies USA for the Old Maid’s Creek, Cave Creek, and East Creek Sanitary Sewer Pipeline Rehabilitation; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $22,818.50 for Project 034094.
RESOLUTION R-05-15, authorizing execution of a contract with Mega Industries Corporation in the total amount not to exceed $178,710.00 for the Broadway and NW 58th Street Improvements; Project 035034.
RESOLUTION R-05-16, authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Kansas City Power and Light Company to provide and install a transformer and other related equipment for the purpose of providing electrical service to Happy Rock Park, at a cost not to exceed $21,694.57.
RESOLUTION R-05-17, accepting a Road Right of Way Warranty Deed and Water Line Easement from Larry and Connie Myers concerning property located at 6110 North Oak Trafficway.
RESOLUTION R-05-18, accepting a Standard Utility Easement from Eagle River Investments, LLC concerning property located at Old Pike Villas, 5510 North Broadway.
APPROVAL OF NEW CLASS “A” LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE, The Hide Out Bar & Grill, 6948 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Frank J. Gabel.
APPROVAL OF LIMITED ONE DAY BEER & WINE LICENSE to St. Charles Borromeo
Church, 804 Shady Lane Drive, for February 19, March 5 and March 19, 2005 for three fundraisers for a new school gym floor. Hours: 6:00 PM - 12:00 Midnight. Managing Officer: Mr. Paul G. Danaher.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR DECEMBER 2004.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 05-06, declaring the results of the Special Election held in the City of Gladstone, Missouri on Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at which election the following proposition was submitted to the qualified voters of said City as Question 1, to wit: “Shall the City of Gladstone, Missouri, impose a Sales Tax of one-fourth of one percent for the purpose of providing funding for a community center and City parks, commencing on July 1, 2006, upon the termination of the existing one-fourth of one percent City sales tax?”.
10. FIRST READING BILL 05-07, declaring the results of the Special Election held in the City of Gladstone, Missouri on Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at which election the following proposition was submitted to the qualified voters of said City as Question 2, to wit: “Shall the City of Gladstone, Missouri, be authorized to increase the property tax levy by up to 39 cents per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation to provide funds for emergency ambulance service, infrastructure improvements, and neighborhood services”.
11. FIRST READING BILL 05-08, approving
the Final Plat, of
12. FIRST READING BILL 05-09, amending Chapter 34 and various other chapters of the City Code by repealing certain provisions contained therein and enacting in lieu thereof new City Code provisions designated as Chapter 34 relating to the construction and maintenance of structures and property within the City and designated as the “Building and Construction Ordinance” of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
13. FIRST READING BILL 05-10, revising certain fees and charges for services and activities provided by the City of Gladstone, Missouri, and amending all prior ordinances inconsistent therewith particularly Ordinance Nos. 2.082, 2.615, 2.858, 3.082, 3.555, and 3.755.
14. RESOLUTION NO, R-05-19, amending the 2005 Annual General Fund, Combined Water and Sewerage System Fund, and Municipal Pool Fund for the City of Gladstone, Missouri, and authorizing expenditures of funds.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.