CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2005
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular May 23, 2005 City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. Special Presentation to Jamie Smith-Hennessy, recipient of the Small Business of the Year Award from the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-05-46, authorizing the City Manager to accept a Bill of Sale from Larry K. and Connie S. Myers, and Southeast Mechanical Contractors, conveying to the City two water lines and two fire hydrants built in conjunction with construction of Northland Auto at 6110 North Oak Trafficway.
R-05-47, authorizing the City Manager to accept a Bill of Sale from Brandon
S. Beagle and Haines and Associates Construction, conveying to the City one
water line and two manholes built in conjunction with construction of a duplex
at 3610 and
RESOLUTION R-05-48, authorizing the Director of Public Safety to make application for Law Enforcement Grants under the Missouri Highway Safety Program and to execute all necessary documents to complete the application process.
RESOLUTION R-05-49, authorizing execution of a Professional Engineering Services agreement with Water’s Edge Aquatic Design in the total amount not to exceed $78,300.00 for the design of improvements to the Municipal Pool. Project 056050.
RESOLUTION R-05-50, authorizing the agreement for confinement of prisoners with Midwest Security Housing, LLC.
RESOLUTION R-05-51, authorizing the Restrictive Covenant applicable to the Gladstone Water Treatment Plant site to prohibit signage.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL:
· Price Chopper, 6475 N Prospect, 7 Day Package Liquor and Wine Tasting License
OF BUILDING PERMIT: for an addition
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR MAY 2005.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION NO. R-05-52, authorizing execution of a contract by and between the City of Gladstone, Missouri and the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority to provide public transportation for the period July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2006.
10. RESOLUTION NO. R-05-53, adopting the 2006 Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2005 and ending June 30, 2006, authorizing the expenditure of funds and approving the Position Classification and Compensation Plan.
READING BILL 05-21, amending Ordinance NO. 3.763 concerning the licensing
and regulation of Pawnbrokers doing business within the City of
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.