CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, August 8, 2005
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment
of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the July 25, 2005 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: recognizing KEN WINKLER as the recipient of the Tri County Mental Health Services Volunteer Achievement Award for 2005.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating the week of August 15-18, 2005,
as “HEALTHY KIDS WEEK” in
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-05-63, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC, for the 2005 Intermediate Maintenance Program, and authorizing final payment in the amount of $171,361.00 for Project 055003.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Hy-Vee, Inc., dba Hy-Vee, 7117 North Prospect, 7 Day Package Liquor and Wine Tasting License.
· Hy-Vee, Inc. dba Hy-Vee Gas, 7121 North Prospect, 7 Day Package Liquor License.
· Snappy Store #4901, 4901 Old Pike Road, 7 Day Package Liquor License.
· Sonnie of KC, Inc. dba The Groove, 316 NE 72nd Street, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
· Stoney’s Bar & Grill, dba Rocket’s Place, 6829 North Oak Trafficway, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Neighborhood Bar & Grill,
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT FOR JUNE 2005.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION R-05-64, authorizing the City Manager to enter into a cooperative agreement with the City of Kansas City, Missouri for the equal sharing of costs associated with the construction of a sidewalk connecting the Claybrook subdivision with the existing trail in Happy Rock Park, and further authorizing Change Order No. 8 to the contract with Damon Pursell Construction for Happy Rock West, Project 25025, for the construction of said sidewalk.
10. RESOLUTION R-05-65, accepting Public Road Right-of-Way from the Missouri Department of Transportation along Northeast 64th Street from North Prospect to North Wayne in conjunction with the Tower Plaza Development Project.
11. RESOLUTION R-05-66, a Resolution withdrawing the preliminary designation of Developer from WCP Gladstone Plaza, LLC for the redevelopment of the Gladstone Plaza redevelopment area and declaring the Memorandum of Understanding no longer in effect.
12. FIRST READING BILL 05-23, an Ordinance annexing that tract of land comprising the Gladstone Water Treatment Plant that is being de-annexed by the City of Kansas City, Missouri, and authorizing and directing the City Clerk to do those things necessary to document such action.
13. FIRST READING BILL 05-24, an Ordinance granting a franchise to the Kansas City Power & Light Company, its successors and assigns, to construct, operate and maintain all appropriate facilities for carrying on a light, heat and power business in the City of Gladstone, Missouri; and setting forth the terms and conditions of such authorization.
14. Other Business.
15. Questions from the News Media.