CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, August 22, 2005
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
AMENDED A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the August 8, 2005 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL RECOGNITION: to Jimmy Beaird, Hershey’s Track and Field National Champion in the Softball Throw.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating the week of September 4th-10th, 2005, as
PROFESSIONALS WEEK” in
5. RESOLUTION R-05-70, authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Gale Communities, Incorporated, for the performance of planning studies relative to the Gladstone Village Center and providing limited development rights within the redevelopment area.
RESOLUTION R-05-71, supporting
a partnership between the
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-05-67, authorizing the City Manager to purchase one 2006 F-450 Ford Medtec AD-172 Type 1 Ambulance from Foster Coach Sales, Incorporated, of Sterling Illinois for $138,140.00.
RESOLUTION R-05-68, authorizing the City Manager to purchase four 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Patrol Vehicles from Thoroughbred Ford of Kansas City, Missouri, for a total purchase amount of $83,434.00
RESOLUTION R-05-69, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Cargill, Incorporated for the purchase of Snow Removal Salt.
APPROVAL OF NEW CLASS “B” (SUNDAY SALES) LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE, The Hide Out Bar & Grill, 6948 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Frank J. Gabel.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
The Peanut in
· Dominic’s Pizza & Pasta, Inc., 6300 North Oak Trafficway, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL REPORT FOR JULY 2005.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Terry R. Day for operation of a Montessori School on Residential property at 405 NE 73rd Terrace. Owner/Applicant: Terry R. Day. (File No. 1257)
11a. FIRST READING BILL NO. 05-25, approving a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Terry R. Day for operation of a Montessori School on Residential property at 405 NE 73rd Terrace. Owner/Applicant: Terry R. Day. (File No. 1257)
12. FIRST READING BILL NO. 05-26, setting the annual rate of levy for the 2005 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of Gladstone, Missouri at $.9291/$100.00 valuation.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.