CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 8, 2006
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular April 24, 2006, City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. SPECIAL PRESENTATION to Kellie Houx for her commitment to the promotion of volunteerism and service to the community.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating the first week in May 2006, as YOUTH WEEK. Sponsored by the Northland Elks Lodge #2376.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-06-27, authorizing execution of a contract with Miracle Recreation Equipment Company for the total amount not to exceed $38,961.00 for the Happy Rock Park Playground Replacement; Project CP0655.
APPROVAL OF CLASS “C & H” 7-DAY PACKAGE LICENSE, (to include the sale of distilled spirits), for Hy-Vee, Inc., dba Hy-Vee Gas, 7121 North Prospect. Managing Officer: Steve Bindseil.
APPROVAL OF PARK FESTIVAL USE PERMITS for the 10th Annual Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, Friday and Saturday, June 9-10, 2006, and the 27th Annual Gladfest Celebration on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, September 29-October 1, 2006, in the Gladstone Central Park area, near 69th & N. Holmes, under the sponsorship of the Gladstone Area Chamber of Commerce and City of Gladstone.
APPROVAL OF BEER LICENSE for Gladstone Summertime Bluesfest in Oak Grove Park, 76th & North Troost, (2-day license), June 9-10, 2006, Managing Officer: Amy Harlin; and Gladfest Celebration in the Gladstone Central Park area, near 69th & N Holmes, (3-day license) , September 29-October 1, 2006. Managing Officer: Amy Harlin.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
CONSIDERATION OF A SIGN VARIANCE for the
10. FIRST READING BILL 06-14, amending Ordinance Number 3.988 by enacting a new tax rate in conformity with the “Municipal Telecommunications Business License Tax Simplification Act“, based on new information from the office of the Missouri Director of Revenue.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.