CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 24, 2006
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular July 10, 2006, City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. PROCLAMATION: recognizing STATE REPRESENTATIVE JERRY NOLTE, recent recipient of the 2006 Legislator of the Year Award from the Missouri Majority Caucus.
4b. SPECIAL PRESENTATION: of a Tree Resource Improvement and Maintenance (TRIM) matching grant from Helen Miller, Department of Conservation Urban Forester.
4c. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of July 2006, as “NATIONAL PARKS AND RECREATION MONTH”.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-06-42, authorizing the City Manager of the City of Gladstone, Missouri to execute an agreement with Hi-Gene’s for Janitorial Services at City Hall, the Public Works building, and the Water Treatment Plant for an initial one year period with three optional one year extensions in the amount of $41,426 per year.
RESOLUTION R-06-43, authorizing the
Economic Development Administrator to execute an application with the Missouri
Department of Economic Development to establish a partnership with the Downtown
Revitalization Economic Assistance for
RESOLUTON R-06-44, authorizing execution of a Transportation Enhancement Funds Program Agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
RESOLUTION R-06-45, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Ace Pipe Cleaning, Incorporated for the 2003 Sanitary Sewer Cleaning and Televising; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $9,932.15 for Project 034005.
OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for the
remodel of a canopy around the front of the main sales building at Van
Chevrolet/Cadillac located at
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Snappy Store #4901, 4901 Old Pike Road, 7 Day Package Liquor License.
· Kesar Petroleum, Inc., dba Gladstone Mart & Liquor, 7020 North Oak Trafficway, 7 Day Package Liquor License.
· Tommy’s, 6221 North Chestnut, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
· CVS EGL dba CVS Pharmacy #5698, 7107 North Oak Trafficway, 7 Day Package Liquor License.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. APPROVAL OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of an 8-foot cedar fence on the south side of the existing building at 7409 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Peppers Hot Tubs. Owner: Kryger Properties, Inc.
10. RESOLUTION R-06-46, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement for Depository and Banking Services for the City of Gladstone, Missouri with Commerce Bank.
11. RESOLUTION R-06-47, authorizing execution of a Water Tower Antenna Site Lease with Cricket Communications, a Delaware Corporation, for the Antioch Water Tower location.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.