CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2006
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular August 14, 2006, City Council Meeting Minutes.
4a. Special Presentation to Richard (Dick) Wagner, retiring member of the Board of Zoning Adjustment, following 40 years of service.
4b. PROCLAMATION: designating Tuesday, August 29, 2006, as “Richard Wagner Recognition Day” in Gladstone, Missouri, in tribute to retiring Board of Zoning Adjustment member Richard Wagner, following 40 years of service to the City of Gladstone.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-06-49, declaring certain City property as surplus and authorizing the sale of such property together with certain abandoned and unclaimed property held by the City to the highest bidder at auction or by sealed bid.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION R-06-50, A Resolution pertaining to the financing of certain improvements and refinancing certain outstanding Certificates of Participation, authorizing the offering for sale of an issue of approximately $31,500,000 Certificates of Participation, Series 2006, evidencing a proportionate interest in basic rent payments to be made by the City of Gladstone, Missouri, pursuant to an annually renewable purchase agreement.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: on setting the annual rate of levy for the 2006 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri at $.9291/$100.00 valuation.
11. FIRST READING BILL 06-27, an Ordinance enacted under House Bill 1149 to
increase the Water Primacy Fee previously established by Ordinance Number 3.123 under House bill 1393 and extending the fee through September 1, 2012.
13. Other business.
14. Questions from the News Media.