CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 14, 2007
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular April 23, 2007, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-07-28, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Bulk Storage, Incorporated, for the Salt Storage Building at Gladstone Public Works, and authorizing final payment in the amount of $22,100.50.
RESOLUTION R-07-29, authorizing execution of a contract with Linaweaver Construction, Incorporated, in the total amount not to exceed $1,190,895.50 for the Community Center Streets Reconstruction Project.
R-07-30, authorizing the City
Manager to accept a Bill of Sale from Reveda of Gladstone, Incorporated, and
Zuris Lane Construction, LLC, conveying to the City one water line and one fire
hydrant built in conjunction with construction of Santerra at
R-07-31, authorizing the City Manager to accept a Bill
of Sale from Reveda of Gladstone, Incorporated, and Bazin Excavating, conveying
certain Storm Sewer Main, Water Main, Sanitary Sewer Main and Streets built in
conjunction with construction of Santerra at
RESOLUTION R-07-32, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Regional Public Works Mutual Aid Agreement for the Kansas City Metropolitan Area with the Mid-America Regional Council.
RESOLUTION R-07-33, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Drainage Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the Northwest 70th Terrace and North Central Street Reconstruction Project.
APPROVAL OF A BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of a brick wall and a cedar framed roof enclosing the existing patio on property located at 7013 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant: Margarita’s. Owner: Larry Gromer.
APPROVAL OF A
BUILDING PERMIT: for the remodeling of the interior of the existing Williams
APPROVAL OF A
BUILDING PERMIT: for the addition of an exterior DVD Kiosk on the north side
of McDonalds located at
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
7a. Approval of the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Selective Site Consultants for operation of a Communications Tower Facility on property located at 6221 North Chestnut. Applicant: Selective Site Consultants, Incorporated. Owner: Cascone Land Company. File No. 1295
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately continued until the June 11, 2007, City Council meeting at the request of the applicant.
HEARING: for consideration of a
Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Selective Site Consultants
for operation of a Communications Tower Facility on property located at
AUDIENCE NOTE: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately continued until the June 25, 2007, City Council meeting at the request of the applicant.
11. RESOLUTION R-07-34, directing public improvements to
12. RESOLUTION 07-35, adopting written findings declaring property located at 3707 NE 56th Terrace as a dangerous building.
13. FIRST READING BILL 07-11, establishing certain fees and charges for Year-Round Brush and Yard Waste Disposal provided by the City of Gladstone, Missouri, and amending all prior Ordinances inconsistent therewith.
14. FIRST READING BILL 07-12, amending Ordinance Number 3.947 by adding two new chapters concerning “Outdoor Special Events” and “Fences and Walls” to the “Building and Construction Ordinance” of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
15. Other Business.
16. Questions from the News Media.