CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 13, 2007
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular July 23, 2007, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. FIRST READING BILL 07-23, an Ordinance appointing CAROL SUTER to fill the City Council seat left vacant by the death of Councilman Bill Cross.
6. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: CAROL SUTER.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-07-57, authorizing execution of a contract with SMI-CO Construction, Incorporated, in the total amount not to exceed $336,168.00 for the 2006-2007 Water Main Replacements.
RESOLUTON R-07-58, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from KCR International for the purchase of a single axle 5-yard Dump Truck for the net purchase amount of $67,950.
RESOLUTION R-07-59, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Chief Construction Company, Incorporated, for the Public Works Master Plan Storage Building at Gladstone Public Works; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $181,577.44.
RESOLUTION R-07-60, authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $36,588.12 to the Contract with Linaweaver Construction, Incorporated, for the Community Center Streets Project.
RESOLUTION R-07-61, accepting a Permanent Easement from a certain property owner in conjunction with the 1401 NE 65th Street Storm Sewer Maintenance Project.
RESOLUTION R-07-62, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the 2200 block of NE 67th Street Storm Sewer Improvement Project (035012).
RESOLUTION R-07-63, authorizing acceptance of proposals from Vellar Consulting in the amount of $25,000.00 for Neighborhood Development Consulting Services and $5,000.00 for preparation of Neighborhood Strategic Plans and Action plans for neighborhood improvement for the Stormy Acres and Evanston Place subdivisions within the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
· Tortilla Flats, 5716 NE Antioch Road, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
· Tommys, 6221 North Chestnut, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. FIRST READING AMENDED BILL 07-22, An Ordinance amending Sections 5.110.190 and 5.110.260 of Title V of the City Code, by adding four new categories of licenses for the sale of liquor within the City of Gladstone, Missouri, being Temporary Caterers, Annual Caterers, and Beer only licenses, and establishing fees for such licenses.
12. FIRST READING BILL 07-24, an Ordinance repealing Ordinance No. 4.011 (Section 6.110.100 of the City Code) and enacting in lieu thereof a new section to provide for an increase in the Minimum Service Charge to $6.63 bi-monthly, as a portion of the Water Service Rates for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.