CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2007
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular August 13, 2007, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: designating September 17-23, 2007, as “CONSTITUTION WEEK” in
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-07-64, authorizing the City Manager to amend the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and Trust Agreement to permit loans through ICMA Retirement Corporation beginning September 1, 2007 for the benefit of the City’s employees.
RESOLUTION R-07-65, amending the Gladstone City Employee Handbook to adopt updated policies addressing camera-equipped phones; hiring relatives; sick leave; smoking and tobacco use; substance abuse; employee dress; and the use of copyright materials.
RESOLUTION R-07-66, supporting a partnership between the MARCIT-WeTIP Crime and Community Safety Program and the City of Gladstone for the purposes of promoting crime abatement/anonymous crime reporting channel and prevention tools.
RESOLUTION R07-67, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Cargil Deicing for purchase of snow removal salt on an as-needed basis at $38.63/ton (7 day delivery), $42.75/ton (24 hour emergency delivery), and/or $46.92/ton (local pick-up).
APPROVAL OF A NEW CLASS “C&H” PACKAGE LIQUOR LICENSE for Euro Market, 6942 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Judy L. Alijanovic.
APPROVAL OF JULY FINANCIAL REPORTS.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: on setting the annual rate of levy for the 2007 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
11. FIRST READING BILL 07-25, setting the annual rate of levy for the 2007 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of Gladstone, Missouri at $.9290/$100.00 valuation for residential; $.9290/$100.00 valuation for agriculture; $.8550/$100.00 valuation for commercial; and $.5391/$100.00 valuation for personal property.
12. Other Business.
13. Questions from the News Media.