CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2007
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:15 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21 (3) for Personnel Discussion.
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular September 24, 2007, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION designating October
2007 as Northland AARP Chapter #2970
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-07-72, authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $226,554.00 to the contract with Smi-Co Construction, Incorporated for the 2006-2007 Water Main Replacements Project WP0692.
RESOLUTION R-07-73, authorizing execution of a contract with Transystems Corporation, in the total amount not to exceed $250,900 for the Parkway Alignment and Village Center Drainage Study; Project TP0818.
RESOLUTION R-07-74, accepting Temporary Construction Easements and Permanent Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the 2200 Block of NE 67th Street Storm Sewer Improvement Project 035012.
RESOLUTION R-07-75, authorizing execution of a contract with Siemens Water Technologies Corporation, in the total amount not to exceed $33,481.00 for the Bearings Replacement on the Secondary Basins at the Water Treatment Plant, Project WP0792.
RESOLUTION R-07-76, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC, for the 2007 Intermediate Maintenance Program; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $9,583.91 for Project TP0703.
RESOLUTION R-07-77, disclosing and ratifying the City Councils prior action in purchasing four acres of land adjacent to Happy Rock West Park.
RESOLUTION R-07-78, authorizing execution of a contract with various vendors, in the not to exceed totals listed respectively for each firm, in the total amount not to exceed $86,206.95, for the Furniture for the Gladstone Community CenterNatatorium, Project CB0663.
APPROVAL OF A SEVEN DAY PACKAGE LIQUOR LICENSE, Wal-Mart #1120, 7207 North M-1 Highway. Managing Officer: Lorene Samson.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. RESOLUTION R-07-79, in support of the Mayors Climate Protection Agreement and the Cities for Climate Protection Campaign.
11. FIRST READING BILL 07-31, amending Ordinance Number 1.804 relating to the failure to appear in Gladstone Municipal Court, and penalties for such violations.
12. FIRST READING BILL 07-32, repealing Ordinance Number 1.114 governing the distribution of Campaign Literature.
13. FIRST READING BILL 07-33, amending Schedule V of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020), to establish a No Parking zone for eastbound traffic on Northeast 62nd Street from the intersection of North Virginia west 210 feet and east 55 feet.
14. Other Business.
15. Questions from the News Media.