NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 4.069
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 14, 2008
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
A G E N D A
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular March 24, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. SPECIAL PRESENTATION: to Mrs. Ikey Harris.
6. SPECIAL PRESENTATION: to Pastor Bob Baier and the Antioch Bible Baptist Church.
7. PROCLAMATION: recognizing Gladstone Hy-Vee and Store Manager Steve Bindseil’s support of the City of Gladstone and the Northland Community.
8. PROCLAMATION: designating May 2008 as “OLDER AMERICANS MONTH” in Gladstone, Missouri, and urging residents to honor our older adults and encourage efforts to improve the lives of our older citizens and help pave the way for future generations.
FIRST READING BILL 08-11, declaring the results of the Tuesday, April 8, 2008, Gladstone General Election as certified by the Clay County Board of Election Commissioners that City Council Candidates CAROL RUDI and CAROL SUTER have been elected to Three Year Terms on the Gladstone City Council, and WAYNE BEER has been elected to a One Year Term on the Gladstone City Council.
10. FIRST READING BILL 08-12, declaring the results of the Tuesday, April 8, 2008, Special Election, at which election the following proposition was submitted to the voters of said City as Question 1, to wit: “Shall the City of Gladstone, Missouri, impose a tax on the charges for all sleeping rooms paid by the transient guests of hotels and motels situated within the City of Gladstone at the rate of five percent for the sole purpose of promoting tourism”?
11. REMARKS FROM THE MAYOR.
12. REMARKS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL.
13. CITY COUNCIL OATH OF OFFICE: CAROL RUDI, CAROL SUTER and WAYNE BEER.
14. ELECTION OF MAYOR AND OATH OF OFFICE.
15. ELECTION OF MAYOR PRO-TEM.
16. REMARKS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL.
17. Communications from the Audience.
18. Communications from the City Council.
19. Introduction of the Past Mayors and City Council members.
20. Communications from the City Manager.
21. Other Business.
22. Questions from the News Media.
Following the Adjournment
of the Regular City Council Meeting,
you are cordially invited to a Reception
in the North and South Conference Rooms
honoring Past and Present City Council Members