NEXT ORDINANCE #4.071
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2008
OPEN STUDY SESSION 5:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular April 14, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: recognizing Building Safety Week in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-20, amending the Tax Increment Financing Policy of the City of Gladstone.
RESOLUTION R-08-21, accepting Temporary Construction and Permanent Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the NE 69th Terrace, East of Euclid Stormsewer Improvement Project (CP0827).
RESOLUTION R-08-22, accepting a Right-of-Way Parcel and Temporary Easement from certain property owners in conjunction with the North Oak at NE 76th Street Traffic Signal Improvement Project (025018).
RESOLUTION R-08-23, authorizing execution of a contract with Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC, in the total amount not to exceed $319,995.00, which includes Bid Alternate One, for the 2008 Intermediate Maintenance Program, Slurry Seal and Micro-Surface. Project TP0803.
RESOLUTION R-08-24, authorizing execution of a contract with WM. White & Sons Construction Company, in the total amount not to exceed $187,095.00 for the 2008 Curb and Sidewalk Program, Phase One. Project TP0804.
APPROVAL OF THE MARCH FINANCIAL REPORT.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. RESOLUTION R-08-25, approving the purchase of a tract of land in Meadow Brook Estates from J. A. Peterson Enterprises, Inc. to provide access to the Flora East Utility area.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a request for a Special Use Permit renewal for operation of a Child Care Center at 5940 North Flora. Applicant/Owner: Tina Dillon, Creative Kids Center, Inc. dba Creative Kids Learning Center. (File #1313).
12. FIRST READING BILL 08-13, granting a Special Use Permit subject to certain conditions to Tina Dillon for operation of a Child Day Care Center on property at 5940 North Flora.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Site Plan Revision in a CP-1 Zone for property located at 6450 North Prospect. Applicant: Scott Proctor, Zone Equities, LLC. Owner: Northlander Properties, LLC. (File #1311).
FIRST READING BILL 08-14, approving a Site Plan Revision in a CP-1 Zone for property located at 6450 North Prospect.
15. BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of a new 7,147 square foot commercial business for the sale of automotive parts on property located at 6450 North Prospect. Applicant/Owner: Zone Equities, LLC.
16. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a request for a Special Use Permit for operation of a Garden Center at 7508 North Oak Trafficway. Applicant/Owner: Antonio Scire, Tony’s Garden Center. (File #1312).
17. FIRST READING BILL 08 –15, repealing Ordinance No. 3.992, and enacting a new Ordinance levying Sewer Service Charges and Commodity Rate Charges in the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
18. FIRST READING BILL 08 –16, amending Ordinance Numbers 3.835, and 3.971 by incorporating the provisions thereof concerning Fireworks and Open Flame Burning in a new chapter under Title II of the Code of City Ordinances, to be known as "The Fire Prevention Code," and to include therein the existing provisions requiring Smoke Detectors, and new provisions requiring Carbon Monocide Detectors, in certain residential structures.
19. Other Business.
20. Questions from the News Media.