NEXT ORDINANCE #4.079
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 14, 2008
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, July 14, 2008, starting at 6:30 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
City Council may reconvene the Closed Executive Session immediately following the Regular meeting.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:15 PM
OPEN STUDY SESSION MEETING
DISCUSSION OF SMOKING ORDINANCE PROCESS.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of Regular June 23, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of July 2008, as “NATIONAL PARKS AND RECREATION MONTH”.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-37, authorizing acceptance of proposals from Vellar Consulting in the amount of $26,000.00 for Neighborhood Development Consulting Services and $5,000.00 for preparation of Neighborhood Strategic Plans and Action Plans for Neighborhood Improvement for the Linden and Northridge subdivisions within the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
RESOLUTION R-08-38, accepting Temporary Construction and Permanent Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the Northeast 69th Terrace, East of Euclid Stormsewer Improvement Project.
RESOLUTION R-08-39, accepting title to the parking lot at the Rock Creek Meadow Storm Water Detention area from the Missouri Department of Transportation.
BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of an accessory building, similar to an existing building on White Chapel Memorial Gardens property located at 6600 North Antioch Road. Applicant/Owner: D.W. Newcomers, Inc.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
Big Stones dba Stone Canyon Pizza, 6433 North Prospect, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
RNB LLC dba Red, 316 NE 72nd Street, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
WSE Investment LLC. dba Wal-Mart, 7207 Missouri Route 1 Highway, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
Archa LLC. dba Gladstone Mart and Liquor, 7020 North Oak, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
Gasmart dba Phillips 66, 7303 North Oak, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
Trex Mart, 5810 NE Antioch Road, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
Mark & Michelle’s Bar & Grill, 7102 North Oak, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
Tortilla Flats, 5716 Northeast Antioch Road, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
End Zone, 7632 North Oak, Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
Hy-Vee Food and Drug Store, 7117 North Prospect, Seven-Day Liquor by the Drink License.
Hy-Vee Gas, 7121 North Prospect, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
The Hide Out Bar & Grill, 6948 North Oak, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 6069 North Antioch Road, Seven-Day Liquor by the Drink License.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. APPROVAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL for Gladstone Bowl, Inc., 300 NW 72nd Street, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
11. RESOLUTION R-08-40, authorizing acceptance of proposals from Thoroughbred Ford, Odessa Dodge, Busch and Associates, Shawnee Mission Ford, Diamond International Trucks, Knapheide Truck Equipment, and Victor L. Phillips for the purchase of various vehicles and equipment in order to enhance the City’s sustainability for a total purchase price of $916,858.23.
12. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of a Site Plan Revision for property at 5800 North Oak Trafficway. Owner: Lighthouse Liquors. Applicant: Truman Road Properties.
AUDIENCE NOTE: This application has been withdrawn by Staff with the support and agreement of the applicant.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.