NEXT ORDINANCE #4.080
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2008
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, August 11, 2008, starting at 6:00 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
City Council may reconvene the Closed Executive Session immediately following the Regular meeting.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
1. DISCUSSION OF LIGHT RAIL OPTIONS.
2. RESIDENTIAL SOLID WASTE CONTRACTING DISCUSSION.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular July 28, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-44, authorizing Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $88,929.47 to the contract with Ideker, Incorporated, for the 2008 Mill and Overlay Program.
RESOLUTION R-08-45, authorizing Change Order No. 2 in the amount of $210,622.50 to the contract with Miller Paving and Construction, Limited Liability Corporation, for the 2008 Residential Curb and Sidewalk Program.
RESOLUTION R-08-46, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Maintenance Agreement for eight copy machines with Datamax.
RESOLUTION R-08-47, authorizing the City Manager to execute a Lease Purchase Agreement with First Bank of Missouri for $956,858 for the acquisition of equipment and for fleet replacement.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
Kansas City (Northland) Elks Lodge #2376, 7010 North Cherry, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License with a Change in Managing Officer to: Jerry Newman, 115 NW Harlem; Kansas City, MO 64116.
Multiple Investments, LLC, dba Show-Me’s, 6300 North Oak Trafficway, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
APPROVAL OF LIMITED ONE-DAY LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE to St. Andrews Parish and School, 6415 Northeast Antioch Road, for the Annual Auction on November 15, 2008. Hours: 5:00 PM – 11:30 PM; and for the St. Joseph’s Table on March 15, 2009. Hours: 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Managing Officer: Denise Rathmann.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION R-08-48, supporting a new Comprehensive Plan in accordance with Missouri Revised Statutes, Section 89.310, and replacing the existing Comprehensive Plan and its amendments.
10. BUILDING PERMIT: for a new 3,000 square feet addition to an already existing structure at the Quality Vending Company, located at 6850 North Oak Trafficway. Owner: Don Miceli. Applicant: Teague Construction, Inc.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.