NEXT ORDINANCE #4.080
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 25, 2008
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:30 PM
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will adjourn to a Closed Executive Session pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular August 11, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION designating September 17-23, 2008, as “ConstituTION WEEK” in Gladstone, Missouri. Sponsor: William Boydston Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Donna McCann will accept on behalf of the Boydston Chapter.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-49, authorizing the City Manager to provide a two-year notice to companies engaged in the business of collecting, transporting, processing or disposing of solid waste within the corporate limits of Gladstone, Missouri, of the City’s intent to provide Solid Waste Collection Services to Gladstone residents, pursuant to RsMo 260.247.
RESOLUTION R-08-50, authorizing execution of a contract with Wiedenmann and Godfrey Construction, Inc. in the total amount not to exceed $117,080.00 for the 69th Terrace east of Euclid Drainage Improvements. Project CP0827.
RESOLUTION R-08-51, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with William White and sons Construction Company for the 2008 Curb and Sidewalk Program, Phase I; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $16,239.12.
RESOLUTION R-08-52, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Insituform Technologies, Inc. for the Mill Creek Cured in Place Pipe Phase 2 Project; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $4,272.22.
RESOLUTION R-08-53, accepting a Temporary Construction and Permanent Easement from a property owner in conjunction with the NE 69th Terrace, East of Euclid Stormsewer Improvement Project (CP0827).
RESOLUTION R-08-54, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Express Police Supply for the purchase of emergency lighting for eleven (11) new fleet vehicles for the net purchase amount of $39,672.02.
RESOLUTION R-08-55, authorizing acceptance of work under contracts with Trio Masonry and Athco for the Gladstone Community Center-Natatorium; and authorizing final payment for these two contracts in the total amount of $115,223.51.
RESOLUTION R-08-56, supporting the Light Rail Starter Line Project and the November Ballot initiative proposed by the City of Kansas City, Missouri.
RESOLUTION R-08-57, supporting the Light Rail Transportation Line Project and the November Ballot initiative proposed by the City of North Kansas City, Missouri.
APPROVAL OF A NEW SEVEN DAY PACKAGE LIQUOR LICENSE for Rawal Rock Corporation, dba Snappy Store #4901, Managing Officer: Parvez I. Yousaf.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
PUBLIC HEARING for a Rezoning and Site Plan revision at 2412 NE 72nd Street. Applicant: Quik Trip. Owner: Harriet Chesterton. File # 1320
Audience Note: This Public Hearing will be opened and immediately closed to be rescheduled to the Monday, September 22nd City Council meeting pending Planning Commission recommendation.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: on setting the annual rate of levy for the 2008 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
12. FIRST READING BILL 08-22, setting the annual rate of levy for the 2008 Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes within the corporate limits of Gladstone, Missouri.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.