NEXT ORDINANCE #4.087
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2008
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:15 PM
1. IDENTITY THEFT DISCUSSION.
2. YEAR END REPORTS FOR THEATRE IN THE PARK AND THE MUNICIPAL POOL.
DISCUSSION OF ABANDONED/VACANT RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY REGISTRATION.
DISCUSSION OF OPEN STORAGE POLICY.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular October 13, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: Recognizing the OAK PARK HIGH SCHOOL BAND for the long partnership the City has enjoyed with them, and for the new HAPPY ROCK MARCH, written by HEAD DIRECTOR OF BANDS ADAM FARLEY, which was first performed during the 2008 Gladfest parade in honor of the City of Gladstone’s All America City Award.
PROCLAMATION: Recognizing NATIONAL COMMUNITY PLANNING MONTH and the valuable contributions made by citizen involvement and professional planners of the City of Gladstone.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-73, authorizing execution of a Water Tower Antenna Site Lease with T-Mobile Central LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company, for the Antioch Water Tower.
RESOLUTION R-08-74, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Mega Industries Corporation for the M-1 at Kendallwood Road Improvement Project 045022; and authorizing final payment in the amount of $6,346.78.
RESOLUTION R-08-75, authorizing acceptance of a donation made to the Gladstone Animal Shelter by Bettie M. Breeding and Benjamin J. Breeding, and further directing that all funds donated to the shelter by Bettie M. Breeding and Benjamin J. Breeding be used solely for the benefit of the facilities for the animals at the shelter.
RESOLUTION R-08-76, adopting an Identity Theft Prevention Program for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of an antenna halo on the top of the Antioch Water Tower, located at 6803 Northeast Antioch Road. Applicant: Selective Site Consultants, Inc. Owner: City of Gladstone.
BUILDING PERMIT: to enclose the carport on the North side of the White Chapel Funeral Home, located at 6600 Northeast Antioch Road. Applicant/Owner: Stewart Enterprises (D.W. Newcomers).
APPROVAL OF A NEW CLASS “A” LIQUOR BY THE DRINK LICENSE for The Office JJNJ dba The Office Bar and Grill, 6825 North Oak Trafficway. Managing Officer: Jennifer Kasserman.
APPROVAL OF THE AUGUST 2008 FINANCIAL REPORT.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. PUBLIC HEARING for consideration of a Sign Variance to allow construction of a sign with an electronic reader board at Antioch Bible Baptist Church, located at 800 NE 72nd Street. Applicant/Owner: Antioch Bible Baptist Church.
MOTION BY CITY COUNCIL: for consideration of a Sign Variance to allow construction of a sign with an electronic reader board at Antioch Bible Baptist Church, located at 800 NE 72nd Street. Applicant/Owner: Antioch Bible Baptist Church.
12. RESOLUTION R-08-77, authorizing the City Manager to negotiate a loan agreement to provide $500,000.00 for the preservation of the Atkins-Johnson Farm House and related expenses.
13. RESOLUTION R-08-78, expressing the gratitude of the City Council for the service of the members of the Atkins-Johnson Farm Task Force, dissolving the Task Force, and expressing the City Council's support for the "Friends of the Atkins-Johnson Farm" volunteer organization.
14. FIRST READING BILL 08-29, amending Ordinance Numbers 2.941 and 3.405 by enacting new provisions in conformity with the “2007 Video Services Providers Act”.
15. FIRST READING BILL 08-30, approving the Final Plat of Lots 1, 2 and 3, Evanston Place, commonly known as 5601 North Antioch Road, in the County of Clay, City of Gladstone, Missouri, and directing the appropriate officials to affix their signatures to said Plat for recording. Applicant/Owner: Richland Real Estate, Inc. File #1327
16. Other Business.
17. Questions from the News Media.