NEXT ORDINANCE #4.092
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2008
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Monday, December 8, 2008, starting at 5:15 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
City Council may reconvene the Closed Executive Session immediately following the Regular meeting.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 7:00 PM
1. DISCUSSION OF CITY MARKETING PROPOSAL.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular November 24, 2008, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-08-84, accepting Temporary Construction and Permanent Easements from certain property owners in conjunction with the 6800 block of North Holmes Storm Drainage Improvement Project.
RESOLUTION R-08-85, authorizing execution of a contract with Wilson Plumbing Company, in the total amount not to exceed $90,964.75 for the 6800 block of North Holmes Drainage Improvements Project.
RESOLUTION R-08-86, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with Linaweaver Construction, Incorporated for the Gladstone Community Center Streets Project.
RESOLUTION R-08-87, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with Westhues Electric, Incorporated for the Gladstone Community Center Electrical Project; and authorizing final payment in the total amount of $50,416.16.
RESOLUTION R-08-88, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with Formworks Limited Liability Company for the Gladstone Community Center Carpentry Project; and authorizing final payment in the total amount of $19,649.44.
RESOLUTION R-08-89, approving the purchase of a tract of land located at 6904 North Cherry Street, from Donald and Shelby Chaffin.
RESOLUTION R-08-90, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with AGP Incorporated for the Gladstone Community Center Glass and Glazing Project; and authorizing final payment in the total amount of $10,230.90.
RESOLUTION R-08-91, authorizing execution of a contract with Fry and Associates, Incorporated, in the total amount not to exceed $65,835.00 for the Happy Rock Park Expansion Shelter; Project.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. FIRST READING BILL 08-34, amending Ordinance Number 3.973, by adding a new chapter concerning “Abandoned/Vacant Property Registration” to the “Building and Construction Ordinance” of the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
10. RESOLUTION R-08-92, adopting a Mission Statement and Goals for the City of Gladstone, Missouri for 2008-2009.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.