NEXT ORDINANCE #4.105
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 11, 2009
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 5:00 PM
DISCUSSION OF COMBINED WATERWORKS AND SEWERAGE SYSTEM FUND, CAPITAL PROJECT FUNDS, AND SPECIAL REVENUE FUND BUDGETS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2010.
DISCUSSION OF WIND TURBINES AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SYSTEMS.
DISCUSSION OF THE UTILIZATION OF A PRIVATE BILLING SERVICE FOR FIRE RESPONSE.
GLADSTONE FARMERS’ MARKET DISCUSSION.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
The City Council will hold a Closed Executive Session immediately following adjournment of the Regular Meeting pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021(1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021(2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular April 27, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: designating May 2009, as YOUTH MONTH. Sponsored by the Northland Elks Lodge #2376.
6. PROCLAMATION: recognizing May 17-23, 2009, as NATIONAL PUBLIC WORKS WEEK.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-37, authorizing execution of a contract with Miller Paving and Construction, LLC, in the total amount not to exceed $160,701.60 for the 2009 Curb and Sidewalk Program, Phase One.
RESOLUTION R-09-38, accepting a Temporary Construction Easement from a property owner in conjunction with the Northeast 61st Terrace Reconstruction Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-39, accepting a Temporary Construction Easement from a property owner in conjunction with the M-1 Bicycle Pedestrian Trail Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-40, authorizing acceptance of a proposal from Independent Salt Company for the purchase of snow removal salt.
8. Communications from the Audience.
9. Communications from the City Council.
9a. Board and Commission Appointments.
9b. Special Presentation.
10. Communications from the City Manager.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: for consideration of an Ordinance amending Sections of the Gladstone Code of Ordinances relating to the regulation of signage employing digital electronic technology, including monument signs.
12. FIRST READING BILL 09-13, amending sections of the Gladstone Code of Ordinances relating to the regulation of signage employing digital electronic technology, including monument signs.
13. Other Business.
14. Questions from the News Media.