NEXT ORDINANCE #4.106
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
TUESDAY, MAY 26, 2009
The City Council will meet in Closed Executive Session on Tuesday, May 26, 2009, starting at 6:00 PM in the City Manager’s office, Gladstone City Hall, 7010 North Holmes.
The Executive Session is closed pursuant to Missouri Open Meeting Act Exemption 610.021 (1) for Litigation and Confidential or Privileged Communications with Legal Counsel, and 610.021 (2) for Real Estate Acquisition Discussion, and 610.21(3) for Personnel Discussion.
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
ADOPTION OF 2006 INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODES DISCUSSION.
ATKINS JOHNSON FARM UPDATE.
UPDATE ON BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN TRAILS.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular May 11, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: recognizing Dr. Thomas P. Cummings on the occasion of his retirement as Superintendent for North Kansas City Schools, and his many contributions to our community.
6. PROCLAMATION: recognizing Sergeant Daniel W. Green on the occasion of his retirement from Troop A of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, and his many contributions to our community.
7. RESOLUTION R-09-41, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with R.L. Duncan Construction Company for the Gladstone Community Center Grading and Sitework Project; and authorizing final payment in the total amount of $38,415.18. Project CB0662.
8. RESOLUTION R-09-42, Temporary Construction easement and Quit-Claim Deed from a property owner in conjunction with the M-1 Bicycle/Pedestrian Trail Project (TP0771).
9. Communications from the Audience.
10. Communications from the City Council.
11. Communications from the City Manager.
12. BUILDING PERMIT: for construction of a new addition and interior remodeling of the existing Walmart building, and construction of a new parking lot on the Walmart property located at 7207 North Missouri-1 Highway. Applicant: Continental Consulting Engineers, Inc. Owner: Walmart Real Estate Business Trust.
13. PUBLIC HEARING: on a Special Use Permit for a Child Care Center on residential property at 7628 North Wabash. Owner/Operator: Tamara Hamill.
13a. FIRST READING BILL 09-14, approving a Special Use Permit to Tamara Hamill for operation of a Child Care Center at 7628 N. Wabash.
14. FIRST READING BILL 09-15, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) for Federal Funds Relating to the Bicycle/Pedestrian Trail on N. Antioch Road.
15. FIRST READING BILL 09-16, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) for Federal Funds Relating to the Bicycle/Pedestrian Trail on M-1 Highway.
16. FIRST READING BILL 09-17, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) for Federal Funds for the Mill and Overlay of N. Broadway Avenue.
17. PUBLIC HEARING: on the proposed 2009-2010 Annual Operating Budget for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
Questions from the News Media.