NEXT ORDINANCE #4.112
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2009
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
DISCUSSION OF THE KANSAS CITY AREA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY CONTRACT.
CERTIFICATION OF DELINQUENT PROPERTY TAXES AND UTILITY PAYMENTS DISCUSSION.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular June 8, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-45, authorizing acceptance of proposals from Vellar Consulting in the amount of $30,000.00 for Neighborhood Development Consulting Services and $5,000.00 for preparation of neighborhood strategic plans and action plans for neighborhood improvement for the Linden Heights Neighborhood, the Claywoods Neighborhood, and the 58 to 61 Neighborhood, within the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
RESOLUTION R-09-46, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with J and N Utilities, Incorporated, for the 56th Terrace Water Main Replacement – Antioch to Indiana Project.
RESOLUTION R-09-47, accepting Permanent Easements from Walmart Real Estate Business Trust in conjunction with the building and parking lot addition to Walmart located at 7207 North Missouri-1 Highway.
RESOLUTION R-09-48, authorizing execution of a contract with Miles Excavating, Inc., in the total amount not to exceed $356,284.93 for the NW 61st Terrace Reconstruction – Main to Wyandotte Project.
APPROVAL FOR DESIGNATED SMOKING AREAS at Oak Grove Park for City sponsored special events as follows:
Fourth of July Celebration
July 4, 2009
Theatre in the Park
Once Upon a Mattress – July 10-12, 2009
Footloose – August 7-9, 2009
APPROVAL OF THE MAY 2009 FINANCIAL REPORT.
6. Communications from the Audience.
7. Communications from the City Council.
8. Communications from the City Manager.
9. RESOLUTION 09-49, authorizing execution of agreements between the City of Gladstone, Missouri, and the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority to provide Public Transportation for the period July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010, and to construct a Transit Shelter at 72nd and North Prospect Streets.
10. FIRST READING BILL 09-20, repealing Ordinance No. 4.042 (Section 6.110.100 of the City Code) and enacting in lieu thereof a new section to provide for an increase in the minimum Service Charge to $7.63 bi-monthly, as a portion of the Water Service Rates for the City of Gladstone, Missouri.
11. Other Business.
12. Questions from the News Media.