NEXT ORDINANCE #4.113
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 13, 2009
OPEN STUDY SESSION: 6:45 PM
1. DISCUSSION OF NORTHLAND NEIGHBORHOODS, INCORPORATED (NNI) MODEL BLOCK PROGRAM.
3. HOUSING COURT DISCUSSION.
REGULAR MEETING: 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of the Regular June 22, 2009, City Council Meeting Minutes.
5. PROCLAMATION: designating the month of July 2009, as “NATIONAL PARKS AND RECREATION MONTH”.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
RESOLUTION R-09-50, authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Bolling Heights Community Link, in the form of a Land Use Agreement, for the use of the island at the intersection of North Campbell Street and North Harrison Street; and authorizing the execution of all necessary requirements by the City of Gladstone to be carried out in conjunction with the Land Use Agreement.
RESOLUTION R-09-51, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Fry and Associates, Incorporated, for the Happy Rock Park Expansion Shelter; Project CP0862.
RESOLUTION R-09-52, authorizing acceptance of work under contract with Harvest Productions, Incorporated, for the Oak Grove Park Amphitheater Lighting Truss; Project CP0863.
RESOLUTION R-09-53, authorizing execution of a contract with Little Joe’s Asphalt, Incorporated in the total amount not to exceed $254,440.07 for the 2009 Mill and Overlay Program; Project TP1001.
RESOLUTION R-09-54, authorizing acceptance of work under the contract with Saladino Plumbing and Heating Company, Incorporated for the Gladstone Community Center HVAC and Mechanical Project; and authorizing final payment in the total amount of $23,587.20; for project CB0662.
RESOLUTION R-09-55, authorizing a Landscape Easement to Peterson Development Company in conjunction with the Preserves at Carriage Hill Estates Development.
RESOLUTION R-09-56, accepting a Temporary Construction Easement from a property owner in conjunction with the Shoal Creek Bicycle/Pedestrian Trail Project (TP0671).
RESOLUTION R-09-57, acknowledging the transfer of title to Big Shoal Creek Cemetery to the City by judgment of the Circuit Court of Clay County.
APPROVAL OF ANNUAL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWALS:
The Office Bar and Grill, 6825 North Oak Trafficway; Class A Liquor by the Drink License.
Margarita’s North, 7013 North Oak Trafficway; Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Hy-Vee Food and Drug Store, 7117 North Prospect, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Hy-Vee Gas, 7121 North Prospect, Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
Buck’s-Home of the Big Game, 5708 North Oak Trafficway; Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Wasahi, LLC, 328 NE 72 Street; Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
TNT Two, Inc., dba Tanner’s Bar & Grill, 6024 North Antioch Road; Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
Kwik Shoppe, 7603 North Oak Trafficway, Six-Day Package Liquor License.
Euromarket, 6942 North Oak Trafficway; Six-Day Package Liquor License.
Price Chopper, 6745 North Prospect, Seven-Day Package Liquor and Wine Tasting License.
Bubbles Wines & Spirits, 7407 North Oak Trafficway; Seven-Day Package Liquor License.
7. Communications from the Audience.
8. Communications from the City Council.
9. Communications from the City Manager.
10. APPROVAL OF A LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL for Gladstone Bowl, Inc., 300 NW 72nd Street, Class A&B Liquor by the Drink License.
11. RESOLUTION R-09-58, authorizing the City Manager to finalize a loan agreement with First Bank of Missouri to provide one million dollars in funding for additional sanitary sewer improvements within the Mill Creek Basin.
12. FIRST READING BILL 09-22, amending Sections 1.105.450, relating to City Prosecutors, and 1.125.060, relating to Assistant Municipal Court Judges, contained within the Code of City Ordinances, by enacting new provisions establishing a sufficient number of Assistant Municipal Judges and Assistant City Prosecutors, to administer the various dockets of the Municipal Court, including the "Housing Court."
13. FIRST READING BILL 09-23, amending Schedule IV and Schedule V of the Model Traffic Code (Gladstone Municipal Code Section 4.100.020), to modify the hours of the “No Parking” Zone for traffic on North Michigan Avenue from Northeast 62nd Terrace to Northeast Shady Lane.
14. Other Business.
15. Questions from the News Media.